Raymarine Autopilot-Linear vs Rotary Rudder Feedback

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Its4Reels!-Parker23

Reaction score
I am about ready to purchase the ST8002 S1G RM autopilot and was told by RM to go with the rotary feedback as opposed to the linear. The reasoning was due to the full transom and enginge bracket on my 2320SL.

Any feed back regarding either of the these rudder references would be most appreciated.

While I have a full Raymarine system, C120, DSM300, 2KW Radar and a Ray A/P (S1G 6001), I wouldn't get another Ray A/P.

Read up on the HullTruth and you will probably come the same conclusion as me, get another type, either Simrad or the Garmin/TR1.

I've never been able to get my Ray A/P right and the more I talk to other owners, they have similar problems. I believe it's their software, it's flawed.

Anyway, the newest A/P's don't have rudder references too and this is one problem area of Raymarine.

Have RM ST6002 and it's great! Simple to install and configure and it's very quiet and reliable. Watch out for APs that depend on GPS output for heading info. Get one with a flux gate.

Louie, I have the RM 6001 AP and haven't had any issues with it. It works great!
-David Brantley
2005 Parker 2320 - "Tunatango"
Newport Beach, CA

Back