RayMarine C & E-Series Unit Software Upgrades 9/18/07

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatcir

Reaction score
New C software is version 4.26 & E is 3.31 both dated 9/7/07. I plan to update this weekend.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pete

Dear Raymarine C-Series or E-Series Owner,
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recently decommissioned two WAAS GPS satellites (PRN 122 and PRN 134), and the activated two replacement satellites (PRN 135 and PRN 138). The WAAS firmware in certain Raymarine products does not recognize satellites 135 or 138. All of the Raymarine products affected continue to receive the standard GPS signals and therefore are safe for navigation.Click here for additional information on this topic on Raymarine.com.
We are pleased to release a software update for Raymarine C-Series (C70, C80, C120) and E-Series (E80, E120) Multifunction Displays that restores the ability for their connected Raystar GPS sensors to detect, track and utilize the new WAAS PRN 135 and 138 satellites.
Step 1: Requirements for Upgrade
Raymarine C & E-Series displays are field upgradeable using a common CompactFlash (CF) memory card. For performing upgrades on Raymarine CF compatible products we strongly recommend using a SanDisk brand "Shoot & Store" or SanDisk brand standard grade CompactFlash card. Raymarine cannot guarantee other CompactFlash suppliers will offer the correct specification card for a successful software upgrade.
Step 2: Software Upgrade Procedure
Back up your existing waypoints, routes and tracks. Failure to create a back-up could result in the loss of this data from your multifunction display. For step-by-step instruction on how to perform a backup please consult your MFD Operating Guide, or read FAQ 1145: Backing Up Waypoints, Routes and Tracks on C & E-Series.
Please review the instruction for upgrading your Raymarine Multifunction Display software. Complete step-by-step instructions are available online in FAQ 1219: Upgrading the software in C70, C80, C120, E80 and E120 Displays
Step 3: Download the Software Upgrade
Specific software packages are available for C-Series and E-Series displays. Click on the appropriate link below get the correct software for your display.
• C-Series Software Upgrades (C70, C80, C120)
Version 4.26, September 2007.
• E-Series Software Upgrade (E80, E120)
Version 3.31, September 2007.
Please note, online registration of your Raymarine product is required to download software updates. If you have not already done so, you will be prompted to register your product before you can download the software.
Alternatively, you can obtain a preprogrammed CF card directly from Raymarine for a nominal reimbursable fee. For more information please contact Raymarine Product Support at (603) 881-5200, x2444 for details.
Kind Regards,
Raymarine Product Support

Oh wow, great to know, I had no idea, thanks again greatcir and Classic Parker!

Now I got to "git R dun".

D@lton,

If you have a "C" series Raymarine unit then you can borrow my update disk.

I updated my unit to version 4.26 and have the SanDisk CompactFlash card I used here at home. If you want to PM me with your address, I'll mail it to you to use and then you can send it back to me. Only takes a few minutes to do.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pete

Back