Raymarine transducer for 2310, 600w. vs. 1000w.?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic

Reaction score
I am purchasing/installing the Raymarine C80, with the GPS/Fishfinder/Radar.

My question is, I would like to be able to meter at high speeds, Can i get away with installing a 600w. through hull transducer, or do i need the 1000w. Also is it possible to mount both, with putting it on and off the trailer?

I installed a tilted element (600W) transducer. I have it interfaced with a Raymarine A series FF but Airmar makes this transducer in configurations suitable for most other fishfinders. Installation is pretty easy (I did it myself), and the transducer sits flat against the hull so no fairing block is required. I get excellent readings without artifact at speeds exceeding 30mph and it is by far the best transducer that I have used so far.

Another option for you to consider would be an inhull M260 (1000W). This should be a relatively easy install but it is considerably more expensive than a 600W transducer. If properly installed it should give you good readings even at fast speed.

Back