Re-Powering w/ Yamaha 250

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker 2310

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I am re-powering my Parker 2310 with a new Yamaha 250 High Power. It is model number F250BTXR. I can’t find any performance bulletins on the engine with a similar boat. Do any of you have one or can you point me in the right direction for some stats. Thanks

If Yam 4-stroke, she's not a 250hp motor without high octane fuel. Personally I don't think that hull needs 250 ponies and would believe a 225 to be ideal.

:D I still have the grin when I pour it on with the 250. enjoy it.

Kevin,

Thanks! I contacted Robin and she sent me to the engineering guy who provided the performance sheet with my model boat and all the weight info. Just what i wanted. Thanks guys, i take delivery of the new one installed on the 30th. I have attached the performance sheet for the 2310 with a F250 for any others if needed.

Walt

Attachments

• 2310 DVWA F250 Performance Sheet.pdf
    55 KB · Views: 117
I repowered my 2310 from the ox 66 to the F250 as well. This is the f250 model before the newest 4.2l.
My boat wants to list to port on plane, even using standard 12 x 12 tabs I can't push the starboard bow down enough to completely compensate. I am using the 17T black painted prop.

Does any one have any experience wih this or know of a solution? I guess i could get larger tabs.

Well I got her back! i am going through the break in period and sticking to the books, so that means i have not yet maxed her out with WOT but i will soon enough. I have had her at 4500 RPS and running between 38 - 40 MPH. It is a great feeling to move up to this much power. The old motor was simply getting up in hours and i had rebuilt the cooling system several times over the past few years. I was the third owner of the boat / motor and cant speak for the previous owners management over maintenance of the engine. The boat was always kept on a high dry out of the water and is in excellent condition. so now with the new motor (F250) i am sitting the same as a brand new rig in my eyes. I am very happy with her so far, yesterday i ran off shore and burned less then half of the gas i was using and no oil, no smoke, it is so quiet that i had to look and check when at idle on the dock to make sure it was running. i will put a few new picture as soon as i can. Thks everyone for all of the help and advise, as always.

Walt

BTW, tim I traded the OX66 towards the new one, it was easier then trying to deal with moving a big engine around and i did not really have no place to store it.

Walt

Do you mind telling us what it cost you? I have a 225 on mine and really want the 250. Did Shorts sell you the motor?

I recently re-powered my 1994 Parker 2320 Extended Cabin with a new Yamaha F250XCA and so far, so good. The OX66 is looking for a new home, piece by piece or all together as a complete outboard.
I had the mechanic take care of a few other situations that needed addressing. If you're gonna spend the money for the new motor, don't skimp on the other areas such as controls, gauges, batteries and steering systems.
Take care of it all at once. It will make everything more enjoyable in the long run.

Attachments

• 361.jpg
    361.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 283
  • 362.jpg
    362.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 283
  • 363.jpg
    363.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 283
  • 405.jpg
    405.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 283
  • 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 283
Sorry for the delay in my response. I have been fishing and running the boat. To answer both questions; i shopped around and without going far out of my way (miles) i obtained the best deal out of five different bids, at a local dealer. I did not go to SHORTS and would rather wait then go there for anything. I live within 1/2 mile of them and will not use them at all. By the way it is not the new 4.2 engine, i got the F250 4 stroke.

I purchased and had installed as follows:

New F250 engine
New Command Link control system
New Command Link Gauges
Updated all hydraulic steering system with all new components
Stainless Steal Salt Water Series II Prop
Installed two new batteries
Installed isolator wire and fuse to #2 battery
Updated two bilge pumps and wiring with auto switches

All in $19,900 total

I an very happy with performance thus far. I have now exceeded the 10 hour break in period but still not ran WOT. i did hit 5000 RPM's today with calm seas, full load of gear, 150 gallons of fuel and 4 adults and was running at 40 MPH and burning fuel at a rate of 2.5 MPG. I really like the gauges and how they provide all of the performance info on the engine to allow me to hit the sweet spot.

Fish On!

Walt

Back