replacement 2 foot anchor light mast

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcunniff

Reaction score
I looked through some past postings, and I can't recall if anyone has done this.

I may at some time put on a taller fold down anchor light, to replace the original shorter one. the folddown crank is on its last legs.

Have any of you gone to a taller mount?

Dana

Yup, I made a custom fold-down all-around light that is raised a goodf 2' above the radar dome. This one shown below is my 1st version, my latest is taller and racked back somewhat to .... errr, look cool(er).

rockport_motif1a_219.jpg

For an anchor light, I raise a low-powered LED version with a light sensor, made by Davis Industries, up an outriggah halyard, with the pole vertical ... you can see it for miles.

I can get you close ups of the all-around light if need, it uses a lay-down SS antenna mount for the base.

dcunniff":14kx8bnp said:
Kevin, I came across yours before. I thought you put the same height back in.

Yes sir, I did.
But the same method could be used to make a light of any size or length.

I did not care for the vertical aluminum pole for the light so I bought a heavy solid angled chrome flag pole, knocked out the round chrome plug at the top and installed a 360 degree light there and the flag flies below so it serves two purposes - all around light and flag pole. Just finished so will get photos next trip.

The flag pole has a clamp at the bottom to release the pole so I put electrical pull tabs on the wires in the pole so I can easlily remove the pole. Installing the light at the top was a simple glue job and had to seal the pole where it goes into the base to keep the inside of the base dry.

As I read the regs on lights, it suggests the light be level and mine is the way I glued it in even though the pole is sexily slanted aft.

..........Pete

Okay Megabyte here are a few photos. Took off the aluminum light pole, bought a new heavy chrome flag pole, knocked out the chrome ball top of the pole, glued in a 360 degree light, put spade fittings in the pole wires so can remove the pole, sealed the base of the flag pole where it goes into the base (was in a hurry so put in white caulk but will change to clear sealant one day, attached flag and done. Again my review of the regs said light should be level and highest point. I tipped the light so it is level before I glued it in place. Like the new chrome look on the roof.

..........Pete

Attachments

• Full boat & flag (Small).jpg
    Full boat & flag (Small).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,951
  • Flag pole & flag (Small).jpg
    Flag pole & flag (Small).jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,951
  • Flag pole base (Small).jpg
    Flag pole base (Small).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,951
I mounted the 20" fold down Hella LED all around white light today to replace the about 13" standar light on a '96 2530.

One thing I never picked up on with other posts and comments over the years is my factory light was through bolted, or I just didn't pay attention.

The bolt just barely caught a few threads of the nylon nut. Good thing a friend showed up on a Monday afternoon workday. Was a two-man job.

Here's a view with my cellular phone camera. Wanted it taller to clear the rocket launcher and a spotlight up front that is about as high as the launcher.

Dana

Attachments

• Image(23)1.jpg
    Image(23)1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,667
Here's a picture of mine folded down on a Seaview mount off the GPS sensor pole. It's a Innovative lighting light. Quite bright. I also switched to them up fromt for Nav lights split starboard and port when I put the anchor roller and windlass in because the combo light had to go. I'm very pleased with them.

greatcir

Who's the manufacturer of your spreader light? It looks well sealed.

JC,

I looked all over the spreader light and there is no identification on it.

The light came on my boat (2007, 2120) so I assume Parker put it on. Might check them?

I was in a bit of a hurry so I did not remove the face plate to look inside, but be glad to next time I am at boat if you are interested.

,,,,,,,Pete

Back