Replacing thermostats in the 225

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker 2310

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will have my boat out of the water this week; I have a new hard top being installed, and want to replace the stats and a pump kit while it is on land. It is a Yamaha 225, (1999) I have the parts because they came with the boat but I can’t get a manual fast enough with any description or photos. Anyone out there able to provide guidance or their experience in replacing these? Thanks.

Thanks

Check the poppit valves, click here.

More later, somewhere we have links to a DIY Yamaha waterpump service from the FL Boating forums.

Hi Walter,

Is it the SWS OX66? I have the manual and have done these before.
If you have access to a fax, I can copy the pages and fax them to you. The t-stats are a breeze, the poppit valve, aka water pressure valve, is a bit of a PITA only because of its location. You'll need a 10mm swivel socket extension and hopefully another pair of hands to make the job easier. It also helps to remove the CDI unit and just slide it to the side (I did not have to disconnect any wires). Small fingers help also as the space is TIGHT!

Back