Repower question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amarino

Reaction score
What would be the best way to find out if a 2520 with twin 150 Yami‘s could handle in line 200s. Weight difference is a total of 125lbs for both engines I believe.

thank you

Are you talking 150 2 strokes? The four stroke 150, 175 and 200 all weight in at about 480lbs. My 2520XLD lovers her twin 200's.

Have a fishing buddy stand in cockpit/bracket

or

Put four 5 gallon buckets of water(or sand) on bracket to simulate 125lbs-tie off to transom and take her for a ride

Have a fishing buddy stand in cockpit/bracket

or

Put four 5 gallon buckets of water(or sand) on bracket to simulate 125lbs-tie off to transom and take her for a ride

Im thinking maybe I call Parker and see if they know
thanks

Are you talking 150 2 strokes? The four stroke 150, 175 and 200 all weight in at about 480lbs. My 2520XLD lovers her twin 200's.

do you have the in line 6 cylinder 200s on your 2520

This is a common question. Find the total weight increase of the new engines and then place buckets of water as far back as possible to simulate the weight. I go one step further. Keep adding weight until your scuppers are under water. You will then find the limit. Run the boat with current engines and weight to see what it’s like. Remember you can never get the weight in the exact place so it’s going to be an informed gamble.

Last edited:
The 200s are either V6 (older) or inline 4 (newer). I have the inline 4s.
Those newer 4Stroke are the ones he was interested in. Glad to hear your happy with them and there are no weight issues. Thanks for the help

I have a 2010 2510 XLD that came new from dealer with 200 6 cylinder motors. The unfortunate thing is that we hade a motor blow with 740 HRS on it. So I repowered with 225 Mercury motors. They are lighter than the 200. The boat loves them.

I have a 2010 2510 XLD that came new from dealer with 200 6 cylinder motors. The unfortunate thing is that we hade a motor blow with 740 HRS on it. So I repowered with 225 Mercury motors. They are lighter than the 200. The boat loves them.
If the boat loves them then you must love them too😂.
Were the 6 cylinder motors 4 strokes i imagine

Yes they were 4 strokes 6 Cyl. the F series. Yes I do love them. Much more economical.

Back