Repower Questions for 2310

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker 2310

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning all, I trust you enjoyed the fishing this summer. I know that we did, I continue to go out when I can and we plan to keep the boat in the water as long as possible again this year. My 2310 is currently outfitted with a single OX66 Yamaha 225 Salt Water Series. I am minutes away from hitting 1000 hours on it and want to start pricing what it will cost me to repower her. I was considering a new 250 which would be a decent upgrade. But I wanted to question if anyone has ever converted this boat into a twin? Like what about two 150's. Is that even possible? There is another Parker in my marine which has twin 150’s on it (it’s a 2520) and I like the idea of having a second engine when I am 50+ miles off shore.

I am located in the Longneck / Indian River area of Delaware, any recommendations on who would be good to go to for pricing and service; I do want to stick with Yamaha. Also, what should I expect in terms of total cost?

As always, thank you for your responses.

Walt

Parker 2310, whats up with the 225 engine any problems and what year is it?

I have been off line for a few days; I will check the link, thanks. As for the current 225, it is a 1999 and i am not the original owner. I am the 3rd owner of the boat. The boat overall is in excellent condition and the engine has 1000 hours on it. I have completely rebuilt the water-cooling system on the engine with the exception of the inner most water jacket, all other components have been replaced. When i first got it, it would set off the overheat alarm all the time. Since the rebuild i can get up to about 4800 and do just fine. But the engine should be able to do between 5000 - 6000 at WOT and if i push it up there, the boat runs great, smooth and fast........but the alarm will sound after about a mile of running. I want to be able to run WOT when conditions allow and not have to worry about an alarm. Thanks guys

Back