repower twins to single ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentislandparker

Reaction score
I was looking at a early 90's parker 25 on ebay that had old twin merc 150's , it was a deep v . Could it be repowered with a single new yama 250 ? Aside from the extra holes in the transom to fix the price of one motor is better as well as gas economy. Thanks for input on this

I don't see why not. You might need a 30" motor to clear the deep vee.
Is it a notch or bracket boat??

Yammi 350?????????? :D :D :D

To me the best option would be a re-power to the Suzuki 300hp. You could replace that OB bracket to one made for a single OB. Being an early 90s bracket, I'd bet $$ it was made by Stainless Marine of Miami, FL, even though the bracket itself is marine aluminum alloy. They could make it to the EXACT hole spacings on your boat.

Ed's in VA was selling the 300hp for $14K out the door. My bro has the the deep-V GRady White 23' WA and has twin 150s on it. Someone he knows just repowered the same boat to the single Suzi 300hp and it getting cruise at almost 30mph with fuel performance > 2 mpg.

Sorry I didn't say, it is Not a bracket transom and I don't own it but a Parker 92 walkaround 25 that looked to be in nice shape for 10,000. It just got me thinking.

here she is with all teak done and repaired door. Buffed the hull which was lots of fun and new rocket launchers and lots more soon!

Attachments

• Copy of 001.JPG
    Copy of 001.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 715
WOW :!: She looks brand new...congratulations on your great results 8) !

I bought my '92 23 w/a :D about 3 years ago, and the teak looks like your "before" pic :cry: .

What products did you use to get that awesome result ?

Mac

Have those Merc's checked out before you repower. You might not need to replace them. Those 150s are REALLY good motors. If they are the 2.0 block models, expect them to burn about 6.0 to 6.5 gal/hr at 3600 to 4000. If they're 2.5s, they'll burn slightly more.

I cleaned with a teak cleaner , rinsed with lots of water, let dry a couple of days , sanded alot with 220 paper, replaced center of door with new teak. Sanded more , than coated with sikkens cetol marine teak poly. also used their poly clear but it is a little to glossy for me.

Attachments

• 010[1].JPG
    010[1].JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 671
Wow... really nice work!
Can't say that I've ever seen an 8 rod rocket launcher! 8)

Back