REPOWER WITH 250 FOUR STROKE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAN'T PARKER

Reaction score
I HAVE A 1996 2300 DV CC WITH A 225 YAMAHA ON IT WITH AN OPEN TRANSOM. HAS ANYONE TRIED TO PUT A 250 FOUR STROKE ON THE BACK OF THIS BOAT? MY CONCERN IS IT WILL SIT TO LOW IN THE WATER, WITH THE OPEN TRANSOM. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT, THANKS

check around where the motor is mounted sometimes a plate is there saying engine weight should not exceed blah blah blah or the coast guard placard will say no more than 225 hp. which your boat might say because i dont know how many 250s were running around back then. Furthermore, contact parker have you hull id ready and they will tell you if you can or not in about 2 minutes.

THANKS. I'LL LOOK ON THE BACK, I DON'T REMEMBER SEEING A PLATE BUT I WILL LOOK, THANKS AGAIN

FWIW the notched transom 23 SE is fairly common to see around with V6 4-strokes. By the way not sure if your looking at a new engine to repower with or not but the offshore series Yamaha V6's 225-250-300hps weigh about the same as a 2S. You might check them out.

I have a 250 4stroke on a 99 DV transom. It is perfect, no issues with the transom being low. the additional weight is not noticable. They are pretty bow heavy. Mine is a 30" shaft. I woud assume the same for the 1996..... that could be important.

Sorry, I just noticed you have a 23 not 25.... but I'm still guessing the weight wont matter much. have a guy stand back there and back down....

look at the the post about floor layout. I think you will be interested to know maybe you have extra weigh in your boat you can get rid of . to compensate for the larger motor

THANKS HARPOON, WITH THE 250 ON THERE ARE SCUPPERS UNDER WATER?. DO YO KNOW HOW MUCH YOUR ENGINE WEIGHS?

No, the waterline did not change whatsoever.

If I recall it was liek 120 lbs difference between the oX66 Yammie and the DF250. Insignificant.

HEY COOLBREEZE,WHERE CAN I FIND THE POST FOR THE THE FLOOR PLAN.THANKS

look in my topic under deck . I fyou can not seem to find it I can fax you a copy or send me your email I'll forward it to you . The guys at parker sent me one as well . you will be amazed how much open room there is under the deck . and older single engin cut transoms have 500lbs weight in the rear

Back