repowered 94 SCMV w/F225

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishAyes

Reaction score
Repowered my 94 25SCMV with an F225 Yammie (manufactured 06/05, marked on sales slip as "current year" got 6 year warranty and good price :wink: ).

Did the 10 hour breakin time over the weekend. Two days of running NY harbor at different RPMs as recommended by Yamaha. Nice tour, BTW.

After breakin period:
Comparison between old and new (old being 94 225 Salt Water Series Yammie)

Old - 4500 RPM=16.5 GPH + 23 MPH - WOT=34 MPH @ 5300 RPM
New - 4000 RPM=11.9 GPH + 25 MPH - WOT= 37 MPH @ 5300 RPM
(Speed calculated with GPS, GPH by Yamaha FM system.)

Don't know why only 5300 RPM with new. should be 5800-6000 RPMs by Yamaha standards. Poss wrong prop size/pitch. Did have new SS prop installed with motor. Had black paint SS prop on old. Marina to check this tomorrow.

So far, I think the 4 stroke is great. Just the noise reduction alone was worth the change over. :D

Joe

Congratulations on the new power Joe!

I agree that the new motor appears to be overpropped @ 5300, though you might ask your mechanic to make sure that the throttle is opening fully before changing the prop. :wink:

Yup, get the RPMs up! Agreed too, those Yams sound cool, as quiet as sewing machines, just faster ;) !

I have a F225 on a 2510 MV (Same hull as your boat). I have a Yamaha 15 1/4 x 17 Salt Water SS prop with a painted clean bottom I can get 5900 rpm and do 39-40mph. I can't remember the exact numbers but I believe at 4000 rpm you should be no more than 9 gph with calm seas.

hmmm........ with the same 15 1/4 x 17 yam sws prop on my F225 powered 2520MV my wot is 5600 @ 36 mph. 4600 = 30mph with calm seas... maby somethin wrong ???

Thanks for the info on the prop. I haven't heard from the marina yet. nasty weather i suppose. not sure of the prop they used but will find out and have them make a change. :) will also make sure the throttle is opening fully before they do the change Megabyte.

Back