Repowering 1998 Parker 2520 with 150H E-tec

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Currently have 1998 twin 175 Ocean Runners w/Fitch Fuel Injection. Drop a cylinder on the port motor and every mechanic has said they wouldn’t spend the money to rebuild. Have looked at the twin 150 E-tec’s and leaning toward this. Few reasons, 1) -all controls will hook up, 2)-7 year warranty top to prop if purchased before March 30. 3) - Better fuel mileage than four stroke. Looking for anyone that has had any experience with these motors.

Sid:

I'd say they're too new to draw any longterm conclusions in regards to actual numbers, but I wouldn't hesitate putting them on. I believe the Merc Optimax is the most fuel efficient OB out there, but I think the power-to-weight ratio on those E-Tecs is just amazing. If you peruse The Hull Truth forums at all, you will guys like 'Scarab Chirs' and others running twin V6 225hp rigs and they love them!

I also bet you that 1 E-Tec will put that hull on plane whereas one Yam F150 wouldn't ...

Good luck!

sdickerson":1j84hzy3 said:
Dale,
Amazingly the one 175h will plane the boat real good and get 27 knots @ 4000rpm’s
I bet!

You know, I rebuilt my OB myself, less the machine work, for $3K ... better than new! All new OMC (VRO) and fuel manifileds, gaskets, seals, etc. ... PM me if interested.

Dale,

Every once in in a while, you surprise me again with your wide range of skills. I take my hat off to you.

Worked at a marina in Montana while in HS in the late 60's. My first summer, they let me do the entry level work...drill holes in transoms and mount motors and motor wiring harnesses. No experience, and no guidance...so those transoms probably got water logged and rotted over time. Now I know better. Later I pulled a powerhead or two, pulled a block in half and remove the crank, rods, and pistons. After two summers, and partime during the school year, they let me rebuild one from start to finish. Great experience. Also rebuilt lots of lower units, motorcycles and snowmobiles. Learned how to take care of a 2-cycle motor that went submarine without disassembling it (lots of denatured alcohol). :)

The block itself isn't that hard...it is all the gizmos on the outside that drive you nuts. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back