Rewire

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K9Willem

Reaction score
Looking to see if I am off base. Got a quote to get my boat rewired, everything works, just needs rewiring. Is $3000 too much to have someone do it for me?? I simply do not have the skill or time..

K9Willem

You know, that's probably close to a fair price. I re-wired mine myself and I know the wiring, blocks, connectors, heatshrink et al ran me > $600. I probably put at least 20-hours into it, maybe more maybe less ... but figuring that @ $100/hour ... you're up to ~$2600.

BUT ... where everything works and just needs to be 'new' ,,, maybe that $3K quote is HIGH. I think you'd be best to get a 2nd or 3rd bid. And, make sure IN WRITING what brand or type wiring or supplies they would use, at a minimum.

I would insist on all AWG tinned stranded wire, nothing less than 14 AWG for most house items, insist on run calculations for all large amp items, use Ancor or Pacer wire, Ancor or other (name it) brand MARINE connections, and only adhesive-lined heatshrink. Also get references of their work!

Too bad you weren't closer ... I just got laid off :( and could use a project ...

Back