Rod Holder on 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

North Shore Boater

Reaction score
Does anyone have a rod rack mounted to the side of their 1801 console? If so does it get in the way when walking around?

I am thinking of adding one, but I think the space is very narrow.

nah, i got em, they dont cause any trouble.. just be mindful of the hooks on there because you can still catch yourself, but i mean they're fine.. unless you want to install a bimini top that is..

I have them on both sides. No problem if trolling or enroute to new spots or the head of the drift. If casting, I like the rods to be under the gunwale to avoid obstruction and have total free space. That may not be an issue for you.

I have them on both sides of my console and don't think I could fish without them. One tip, when you mount them add a spacer on the bottom bolts to keep the rod holders vertical. The side of the console slants in slightly and without the spacer , your rod tips will lean toward the gunwale. That makes it much more likely to be in the way or get snagged on a hook. With the proper spacer , the rods will stand vertically , out of the way.
I have an 1801 CC . Don't know if this applies to all Parker consoles.

Back