• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rubber caps for fighting chair?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock On!

Reaction score
I recently bought a fighting chair at a tackle sale. It was in excellent condition except for the rubber caps that go on the bottom of the chair legs. I started looking for white rubber caps that fit on the bottom of the 1 1/2 inch legs. Went to West Marine and they didnt have them any bigger than 1 1/8 inches. I cannot find the brand this chair so I cant call the manufacturer. Anybody know where to find these? Thanks

...or your local pharmacy.
Replacement tips for a set of crutches.

i have one of those 4 point chairs on my boat.
the caps you can buy from pompanette or todd are better than the ones you get at Ace Hardware.
But its more of a pain to get them so mostly I use the ones from Ace.

Here's something i discovered.
i used to go through a set of rubber caps every few months.
The tubing would cut through the bottom of the caps.
i now insert a stainless steel washer as big as fits in the cap before i slide it over the tube
it really does help them last longer.

now, if i would just put some all-grip paint on my 25 year old baby bottom smooth cockpit sole so the damn chair wouldn't slide all over the place when the seas pick up.

yeah, that'll happen..think i'd rather go fishing.

friday & saturday looking good at hatteras.
catch 'em up.

Back