Running cable - STUCK!! pita

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fogwarning

Reaction score
I need some ideas. Mine is the 18 CC. The boat was originally rigged with a depthfinder and I am upgrading the unit. I cut the old transducer off and taped the connector end of the new transducer to the transducer end of the old transducer cable.

The plan was to pull the old cable out toward the console and in doing so, pull the new cable through with it... but no joy. The old cable is tight. I was only able to move it and inch or two in either direction.

I have the large cover plate off inside the console and I can't see what could possibly be holding it. So I am assuming the old cable is twisted around the steering cable or throttle/shift cables. Regardless... it aint moving.

Any ideas - any tricks to doing this.

Thx,

Maybe I need to look at this more. I did remove the boot in the console. The cables run to starboard and disappear, only to reappear at the transom. I cannot even see the rigging tube. I cannot see or even feel any ty-wraps other than the ones I already removed.

Space is limited in the console, very hard to see and work in.

I'll get it, just didn't know if I was missing something obvious.

Ahhh. Good idea FF. Thank you. I am tied up until Friday but hope to start this project in the evening. Will advise the outcome.

Sometimes the most obvious solution is not so obvious. :oops:

FF - I owe you a beer. Routing the cable over the tank and into the bilge worked perfectly. DF/GPS is installed and working fine. Thx.

Back