Running out of Westport Wa

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NW2320

Reaction score
We upgraded our boat in the fall to a 2019 2320 and our plans are to start running out of Westport Wa more often. I thought this would be a good place to check in with some other Parker owners and see if they would be willing to share tips, advice, experiences and generally anything Westport with me. Anyo

There are a few 2320s running out of Westport 😉.

Do you have much experience running bars?

What kind of fishing are wanting to do?

There are a few 2320s running out of Westport 😉.

Do you have much experience running bars?

What kind of fishing are wanting to do?

I am still fairly new at running the bar. Last I ran it in my boat was during halibut season. I followed a friend out and when we went the tide was running out at about 3.5 knots. The swells were about 4.5-5 at 6 seconds and it was blowing around 15 knots. It was a slow going day for sure.

Next year we are planning on keeping the boat in Westport during halibut season and I plan to chase salmon as well. I really want to start tuna fishing and I hope to make it down this September if they are in close.

Reactions: A-K
Do you have a bait tank?

Westport is currently without bait.

So people are trolling and using swim baits.

I’m halibut fishing up on the north coast this weekend.

Do you have a bait tank?

Westport is currently without bait.

So people are trolling and using swim baits.

I’m halibut fishing up on the north coast this weekend.

I just have the small bait tank next to the fish box. I kind of figured it would be too small for tuna fishing but do guys use it for sand dabs and lingcod fishing?

How far out will you run? I know there are a lot of variables involved but just in general. I had heard Westport was short on bait which is ok. I want to get my feet wet with a few trips before I go all in on gear. I am set up to troll and can do some jogging if the opportunity comes up.

I just have the small bait tank next to the fish box. I kind of figured it would be too small for tuna fishing but do guys use it for sand dabs and lingcod fishing?

How far out will you run? I know there are a lot of variables involved but just in general. I had heard Westport was short on bait which is ok. I want to get my feet wet with a few trips before I go all in on gear. I am set up to troll and can do some jogging if the opportunity comes up.

Sorry for late reply I was out fishing.

You will need to invest in some kill bags. I have 2 each 30x60 reliable kill bags. I keep one push up forward in the cabin. The second is stored on the back on the transom. I fill the cabin one first so I can keep the weight pushed up forward.

Albacore runs out of Westport are typically about 40-60 miles. It’s an awesome fishery and really not that complicated but there are things to know like where to get ice, bait, gear, hooks, water temps, etc.

Sorry for late reply I was out fishing.

You will need to invest in some kill bags. I have 2 each 30x60 reliable kill bags. I keep one push up forward in the cabin. The second is stored on the back on the transom. I fill the cabin one first so I can keep the weight pushed up forward.

Albacore runs out of Westport are typically about 40-60 miles. It’s an awesome fishery and really not that complicated but there are things to know like where to get ice, bait, gear, hooks, water temps, etc.

Thanks for taking some time to fill me in. I feel comfortable going 40-60 out. Guys talking about 70-80 is a little bit much for me. Hopefully I can get a trip in after Labor Day. If I do I will let you know how it goes for sure.

I went out today too. Just from Point Defiance. My daughter caught a 10 pound king, her first salmon. She didn’t really think much about it but we thought it was pretty cool. Other than that a few pinks.

Thanks for taking some time to fill me in. I feel comfortable going 40-60 out. Guys talking about 70-80 is a little bit much for me. Hopefully I can get a trip in after Labor Day. If I do I will let you know how it goes for sure.

I went out today too. Just from Point Defiance. My daughter caught a 10 pound king, her first salmon. She didn’t really think much about it but we thought it was pretty cool. Other than that a few pinks.

That’s awesome.

Hit me up when your getting close. I plan on fishing around the same time frame.

That’s awesome.

Hit me up when your getting close. I plan on fishing around the same time frame.

I will for sure. I would love to check out how you have your boat set up and pick your brains some more. Like where the best spot to shoot the sunken jetty is. Stuff like that.

Back