scam?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themis

Reaction score
Ok what will his next response be to me? :lol: :lol: :lol:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George,

I would sell the boat to your client, for $252,000; there is a typo with the ad. I will actually make it $250,000 if it is a cash deal. Can you come this morning to try the boat?

On 7/17/07 10:29 PM, "George Firstman" <mrgeorgelast> wrote:

Sal

Thanks for your prompt and positive email. I apologize for the delayed response. My client was much impressed with the condition of your boat that is why he has asked me to continue with this deal , He wouldn't want to miss the boat.and since he has been promoted in his new office as the office new General Supervisor on International oil and gas he isnt here to complete the transaction. You can forward the required pics {interior} to this email for my client's viewing.

He wants to have brief details of the boat,What is the boat VIN number (if it has), When was the engine last serviced and oil changed, Has the boat any dent or accident before, Has the boat been re-painted/or has the interior changed before, is there any other site you posted the boat and finally why are you selling it?

However, he would like to know your last & final price for immediate transaction before making a crucial business trip on an official assignment to London. Thanks for understanding and I anticipate your cooperation. Hope to see your reply soonest so that thing can get going. Have a wonderful day!!!

Fredick Roll.

Sal's Patmedia <SArnuk> wrote:

Hi George,

I own the Parker you are interested in, and yes it is still for sale. Let me
know if I can answer any questions, forward you more pictures, and arrange
for you to try it out in the water. She is berthed at my house on the Jersey
Shore, in Normandy Beach.

Sal Arnuk

He will send you some kind of bogus check that includes an overage, and ask you to remit the overage back to him. You send the overage back, and his check bounces. :( :( :( Called the Nigerian scam.

Hot damn!

So, what if you deposit "his" check and just wait for it to clear? :D

I've got a Parker for sale and I sure as hell would not sign over the "pink slip" until my friend at the bank sez he was able to put a hold on the funds and later, "it cleared."

Now...cash...in real money (again, checked by my banker friend)...deal is on.

Not good enough. for some reason, the bank will "clear" it, and then later find out the check was no good after all. Then the funds come right back out of your account. Don't mess with these nitwits.

He has returned, as have I.....

Mr George,

Unfortunately, Mr. John Corzine has also expressed interest in my yacht. He has expressed his desire to buy my Parker 2520SL for $284,500 USD, in which he would make a first payment of $116,412, with the balance due upon delivery. I could stall him if your buyer would agree to pay $285,000, with a significant down payment up front. Please let me know ASAP, as Mr. Corzine is not a man for me to turndown easily. For what its worth I am including in this sale a very expensive Garmin 178 color unit with the flux capacitor option. It brings color on several different spectrums and is 1090db hot.

Best Regards,

Sal

On Wed Jul 18 13:25 , George Firstman <mrgeorgelast> sent:

Hello Sal,

Thanks for your response. I received your message in good faith but i will like to know cause my client is making his payment in a casher check which he would be able to make a part payment deposit of $ 57,000 so as to show our interest in buying your boat. Also out of the payment you would send a balance of $7, 000 so our agent who is in transit over there so that he would come for the inspection , brining the complete balance of your payment and prepare the necessary documents required for the boat.

I would need the required information from you first to send the first payment of $57,000
I would need your Legal Name, contact address, Contact Phone Number.

Hope to hear from you ASAP.

Thanks,

Mr George Last.

sal arnuk <sarnuk> wrote:

I would sell the boat to your client, for $252,000; there is a typo with the ad. I will actually make it $250,000 if it is a cash deal. Can y9u come this morning to try the boat?

1090db hot. You've been watching too many fios commercials. :)

Good luck! I'm sure it's the highest priced parker anywhere. And if Corzine buys it, tell him to not let his troopers operate it or it might somehow end up against a guardrail.

Porkchunker is absolutely right about the scam.

The sad thing is, if you report it to the police, they couldn't care less. I got basically the same scam when I advertised a vehicle in the local paper.

jim

He is going to ask you to accept a "check" in an amount greater than the agreed upon price and then ask you to send him the difference in a cash wire. Problem is, his "cashiers" check is going to bounce because it's a counterfeit.

Be careful!

Sal,
Did this all start from a BoatTrader ad by chance? The reason I ask is I got a similar scammer doing the same thing to me sparked by a Boat Trader ad I have for my performance boat. I'm trying to be as creative in my responses. I don't think the authorities can really do much since these guys are out of our country and trying to track one down is nearly impossible I would think. Amazing what people will do nowadays...

RandMadeRods":cuy6kcli said:
Sal,
Did this all start from a BoatTrader ad by chance?

That's how I got the emails. Also got phished on an ebay ad...

Predators work off the marks greed. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true.... it probably isn't true.

Yeah,
I just received another email from this guy. Agreed on price sight unseen (195K) and will wire money into HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT. SURE...I find it actually quite comical. But, I guess it really is sad that these scams actually lure people in. My first clue that this was a scam was the font used in the email. Looked completely unprofessional from a so-called professional. I just thought I'd share this info with anyone else who might receive something similar off Boat Trader. Randy.

Rand...

My boat is listed with AnglersEdgeMarine.com: 150 bucks gets you on many sites: You can see mine on many sites by just googling 2520 SL Brick. I don't think it is specific to BoatTrader. After all I just listed one of my son's guitars on Craigslist, and almost instantly got an email trying to Nigerian Scam that ad. I actually believe that with search optimization in sites like google, Perps are so sophisicated that they have a COMPUTER PROGRAM searching for sale ads in anything and everything, and auto-fishing unwary good people in an automated way, at least for the initial contact.

It is unreal. With technological advance comes its downside too. I don't think law enforcement has kept up.

Sal,
Thanks for the info. It just really sucks that there are so many low-lifes out there ya really don't know who you can trust. I guess the only way to do business nowadays is face to face with cash.

Back