Seadek Coaming Pads

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Cibran

Reaction score
Just did the coaming pads on my 2300CCDV in Seadek Beach sand color,thought I post picture of it in case somebody wanted to see how it comes out.

robert

Attachments

• coaming pads 1.JPG
    coaming pads 1.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 1,936
Freakin' HUGE photo ... but looks great! I'll be adding them next season :) .

Sorry for the huge photo as this was the first time I posted with photo,not too familiar on how to do correctly,Yes the beach sand is best match,you can order samples from Seadek website and they will send you various pieces of the colors you request in 5 MM thickness so that you can see exactly what you will get,Yes its a PAS (peel and stick) with a very strong adhesive on back,I also did a 20 MM helm pad that also looks and feels great.I had them made by a guy in Florida (Orlando Area) who comes to your boat (anywhere in Florida) he is always traveling thru out the state doing this type of job,he scans the area with hand held computer thing,then goes back home and downloads into his computer to make tempplate,no mistakes.Total job for both coaming pads $260.00 installed.

Robert

Here is Picture of Helm Pad,Sorry I do not know how to re-size pics

robert

Attachments

• Helm Pad.JPG
    Helm Pad.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 1,723
That looks great. Do you think the adhesive will hold?
For picture right click on photo, open with some type of photo mananger if you have a PC, then
click edit, then resize options should so up.

Nice looking! I like the color matching the boat, keeps it low key.

I've been considering this too. On mu 2501 the length of the Current bolsters in longer than the max for seadek. I've been considering two pieces on each gunwhale.

Net net, do you like the looks of your new seadec bolsters better than what you had?

Did you get a cost comparison on new pads?

jhendric,

I too i'm doing it in 2 pieces,the pic only shows one piece,I did not compare prices to just re-doing my vinyl coaming pads,these Seadek looks better than the white vinyl

Robert

I did the aft deck of Big Duck in 5mm Seadek so the dog would have traction. I needed to get a small section up about a week later and had to slice it off and clean up the adhesive with acetone. That stuff sticks like crazy even on non-skid. I laid it down in a hurry thinking it would be temporary, but I'm now convinced it's good for permanent installation. If you order a template kit, mark it up and send it back, they'll cut it for you with beveled edges.

Man is this stuff nice on the knees and feet.

IMAG0544.jpg

We're just back from the cruise and I haven't tried to clean it up yet, but I won't hesitate to use BKF if necessary.

This looks like a great idea. Any input about staining? Our boat is known to get very messy when fishing.

Looks good the beveling of the pad could be smoother
I wonder if it was mentioned they could make it look less ruff
Just for dirt collection more the aesthetics
How many mills are the comming pads?

Thanks Robert!

That's sounds good
Looked thicker in the photo
But I'm glad its not
I think Ill be putting them on my list also
I'm thinking might be a good alternative to the Jump seat cushions in the back
Certainly hold up longer

Attachments

• Lucas and crew.JPG
    Lucas and crew.JPG
    311.2 KB · Views: 3,053
Just got a price from seadek
For
(4) 18.5 x 4.5 Coaming pads Got (4)18.5 because my tank racks are there and dont want cover up screws will put in two pieces
(2) 15.5 x 14.5 seat cushions for top of Jump seat instead of cushions will be same thickness as Coaming pads
(2) 14.5 x 4.5 Coaming pads for back pads for jump seats

I was given a price of $260.00 for everything

All will be same thickness as Coaming pads and beveled
All will be midnight black with beachsand top to match Parker color scheme
I think this will look real sharp
Here is the picture of the back cockpit you can see the srews of the tank rack that I dont want to cover up
I think they will look fine two pieces they will only be about 1" apart

Attachments

• 2120 Charles river.JPG
    2120 Charles river.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 2,967
Scully,

The coaming pads will look fine in two pieces,I did mine that way with the same separation of 1" inch

Robert

update on my seadek

I still have to put on the long "74" comming pads up the sides
They recommend above 60deg for boat and air temp
We had a spell of good weather lately so I put the smaller ones on
But I thought I would post this pic now
In case someone was thinking about using seadek
They might want to get a jump on it before the season starts
Love this product !

Attachments

• Seadek.JPG
    Seadek.JPG