Seasonal Maintenance Questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some general questions relating to the seasonal maintenance on my 2021 Parker 2320SL w/Yamaha 225. Thanks in advance for your replies.
  • Spark plugs come with the kit. Is it overkill changing them after every season?
  • I noticed that the insulation around the wire the leads to the sounder was missing about 4 inches up (below the water line) around the size of a dime. Can someone recommend a fix for this?, I was going to wrap it in electrical tape, but I bet someone out there has a better solution.
  • My boat came with Deka batteries. Do modern batteries have to be checked and topped off with distilled water? I put them on a trickle charger in the basement during the winter.
  • Fogging....ran into a Yamaha rep at a show and he stated that fogging these modern four strokes isn't really required unless they are being stored near salt water. I did the oil in the gas trick last year, but I'd rather not mess with it if it's overkill because getting that gas line off the water/oil separator is a chore.
  • Couple things with the motor that have me a bit worried. Seems to smoke lately when you start it up...which slowly dissipates. My only experience is with 2 strokes so I'm wondering if this is normal. Also, when I had the chap off warming the engine up for the oil change, I noticed water dripping from a plastic black box right next to the top exhaust outlet at a decent rate. Hopefully this is nothing to be concerned about but I'd love to hear from the experts in the field.

Latest posts

Back