Shaft length for a 1989 25 PH modified V

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Starting to do some research on installing an outboard on my 1989 25 PH modified V
Project and could use some input. The transom is open with no bracket and measures 28.25" from the top of the transom to the bottom of the keel, should I be looking for an outboard with a 25" shaft or 30" shaft? I want to avoid cavitation but I also don't want to create drag.

Also, This transom was originally set up for twins, will I need to make any changes to have it set up as a single?

I have a 1987 ph i will check it when i get home on thursday afternoon I still want to talk to you about the dive ladder

thanks john

I would call the Engineering Dept at Parker, give them your HIN and they'll help you out!

Masterandcommander":15q3yulg said:
Starting to do some research on installing an outboard on my 1989 25 PH modified V
Project and could use some input. The transom is open with no bracket and measures 28.25" from the top of the transom to the bottom of the keel, should I be looking for an outboard with a 25" shaft or 30" shaft? I want to avoid cavitation but I also don't want to create drag.

Also, This transom was originally set up for twins, will I need to make any changes to have it set up as a single?

Masterandcommander":2lhy0373 said:

Unless it was built special (which is why you should call the factory with the HIN), it should be a 25" shaft.
A 30" transom would have been a custom request at the time of ordering, and it is not uncommon.

Only changes from twins to a single would be to plug and seal the old holes properly, then drill for the new motor.
Optionally (and depending on your skills), you might want to narrow the notch because with a single, it doesn't need to be that wide.
Just another reason to call the factory. Ask them how wide that notch should be for a single motor.

I restored a 88' 2520 MV.Replaced tanks,floor,ect.Looks better than new.I repowered with a 250hp Yamaha 4 stroke 25" shaft.(notched transom also).Good Luck!!

Thanks for the replies, this forum is proving to be extremely helpful, I will call Parker tomorrow and see what they can tell me about the HIN.

Back