single new 300 Yam 4s on a 2501 dv center console?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

park28

Reaction score
Anybody have any guesses about performance and economy would be? I would think it would be a perfect fit if you wanted a single.

I have been interested in the 2501 for quite a while now. Sorry no first hand experience with the 300 but here is my take on the subject.

The 2501 is an off-shore fishing machine. I feel because of that 90% of the ones I see in the for sale adds and in person have twin 200s. I was told by one gent down in Houston that he wouldn't consider anything less then 200s on his. He had twin 200 HPDI on his. This is strange because many of the SC models, that are much heavier then the CC, have twin 150s.

Basically I think it boils down to how you use your boat and what you expect of it. Will 300hp plane and efficiently cruise a loaded down 2501, sure. Will it respond and cruise as fast as twin 200hp+, no it won't. Different options for different needs I guess.

Along with the new 300 there is the F350 too. If you compare the performance bulletins the F350 campares favorably to the twin 150s. Faster and higher cruise mpgs, a little weeker out of the hole.

or trailering. I'm not sure I could ever get used to looking out my side mirrors and seeing nothing but boat. Not too practical to trailer.

I dont think the 300 will be able to push it effectively. These boats are big and heavy and require diameter. Since they arent rockets that have high pitch the diameter is what becomes more important on these boats. The twin 150 boats will hold plane better than the single 350 because of a larger blade surface. More to it than just hp. Mod v would be good with a 300.

IMO, the 300hp would be a perfect match for the 2501DV. I have a single 250hp Ox66 and am very happy with the horsepower.

An extra 50hp would be perrrrfffeecccttt.

Yeah I was thinking that you would save over 400lbs with a single 300 vs. twin 150s so the performance and mileage might be better.

Back