So. CA engine service?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyP

Reaction score
I have a 2520XL with twin 150 4 strokes and want to know where those of us on this site located in So. CA go for their 100 hour engine service. I am going to assume that not everyone here has the time or expertise to do their own service on their outboards. Thanks for the advice. I like where I go now, but would like additional options for the future.

BP

try mike clark at johns custom marine in stanton.

West Coast Marine Service in Costa Mesa
They specialize in Yamaha OB's
Very professional, on time, knowledgable, and most of all dependable.
I have been using them with both my Parker boat's and can't say enough good things about there service.

Give them a try. You won't be dissapointed.

http://wcmservice.com

Tell them Chris from Dana Point sent you! They are good people!

Deffinately Gonzalo at West Coast Marine...don't even bother going anywhere else. This guy is top notch.

Question, I decided to change my bait pump, one it was 4 years old and two I wanted a spare wired and ready to install if needed, went down purchased a new cartridge for the thru-hull “Rule” tournament series 800, installed no problems took her out fishing this weekend and this pump is so loud it drove me nuts, call the dealer and they said I could add sound deadener but claims they have never heard of this, so has any one else heard of this? Or do I just have a bad pump?

Thanks for the feed back

Bobby,

I'm in Orange also and can show/help you (free) if you want. For the stuff I can't do myself, I go to West Coast Marine also.

Dave

i'll put my word in for Gonzalo at west coast marine, deff does awesome work and great guy/business.

You have lots of options down there, I am in Marina Del Rey with the exact boat, and my only choice is Regency, they are a Yamaha place, I just had both motors serviced, got it back last week, $2300.00 ouch :( but that is everything, water pumps, impellers, all fluids, all filters all zincs everything , and we should be good to go for two seasons, except I will change filters at the end of the summer . I am not sure if it is high, just right or what, but my only option is towing the boat for at least an hour or longer and I have been doing business with them for many years and the boat is safe and they really do a through job ! and they are 5 minutes from my house and no matter what my issues, they are there to help, and they have boats too, so we see them on the water from time to time !
Craig

Back