Someone wanted to see the plumbing

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara11

Reaction score
of the bait tanks , from the west coast !
If the dealer installs they use the access cover above the fuel tanks, but I did not want the hoses above the fuel tank as if they leak and they will they will slowley destroy something that has to do with the gas tank, so i installed further back, the hole I cut is big, oh well , no harm no foul, I take mine off everyyear at Lobster season as we do not really use, this year it was dripping, so I changed all the hoses and resealed and reinstalled, here is what you can not see !

Attachments

• Bait 009.JPG
    Bait 009.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,223
  • Bait 008.JPG
    Bait 008.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,223
  • Bait 010.JPG
    Bait 010.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,223
  • Bait 011.JPG
    Bait 011.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,223
  • jeans booty 008.JPG
    jeans booty 008.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,224
  • jeans booty 009.JPG
    jeans booty 009.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,224
Thanks for the pics!!!
Have heard lots about bait tank plumbing leaks. Not a matter of if but rather when they will start leaking. Who knows what it will do to that fuel tank or the sending units, etc. Only time will tell.
Check your tank plumbing every season people!!!

I have seen pictures and posts of the aftermath, and it looks like a real big bummer to replace the tank :(

Yea, but it is hidden :):):):):) If you make a small hole, the hoses are stressed a tad, I made it larger last week when I saw how the hoses were layed, less tension on the hose with bigger hole !

The hole from the factory (Parker) is not much smaller under my livewell.....a bit more symmetrical though LOL. Similar drain arrangement except it goes out a marlon thru hull out the back a few inches up from the drain plug.

Hulihan, is that a horn in the bilge? Is that for water alarm or tied to whenever the bilge pump runs? I've been thinking of putting a buzzer of sorts below but was worried about being too low in volume. Never thought of a "full-blown" horn (no pun intended).

The deck is not solid glass, it is about a 16th glass and the rest wood, I have the piece, or one of them I cut out in my garage, I can take a pic if you want to see it !

Sorry, yes it is a horn from Pep Boys, and it is loud, it is connected to a float switch, and you can hear it all the way down the block, it has never come on, there would have to be alot of water to lift the float, that is why I want another one for the center compartment inside the pilot house ! I got the idea from the Hulltruth, someone there wondered if it would work and it does !

Tara11, the horn is very clever.

I was wondering if you noticed a difference in performance with the bait tank so far back?

Or if you noticed if the boat squats while on the hook or while drifting?

I will be adding a bait tank (min. 65-gals) and have shared your concerns about leaks.

Attached is a photo from a 2002 Pursuit I was looking at buying. Notice the rust stains in the bilge. I suspected it was the strainer but upon filling the factory live well (mounted directly above) it was obvious where the water was coming from. Drip, Drip, Drip!

Lots of rust damage on the port motor (inboard), the genset and just about everything in that area. What a mess!

Now as far as lobstering goes, I'm not naming names but I have heard of guys keeping their barely legal lobsters alive in the bait tank and then throwing those back when they catch something bigger.

Now I would/will keep them alive in the bait tank until I got home, so they would be as fresh as possible.

Attachments

• DSC_0006-2.JPG
    DSC_0006-2.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 906
To be honest, I have never been in another parker, only on land, but I really do not think you would find any difference,I have spoken to guys with the drip, drip , drip problem and they had to replace the fuel tank, and wished they had had it installed further back ! The experience I have had here from the 2 main bait tank sellers ( I have had both) Offshore, Pacific Edge is they use that access cover for the fuel tank senser for the hoses, but it can leak all season and you will not know as there is no way to see under it no matter where you put it on our Parkers, so I remove every winter, replace hoses, and fill with water and food dye and test for leaks, mine is 68 gallons I think X about 8 lbs a gallon, so it is alot of weight, but to answer you question, I think it does not make a difference either way, but that is just my two cents !

You are in Calif, sorta close to me, if you need help let me know, a good lunch and if you are ok with my son tagging along, we will help you install, it is kind of a pain in the a@@ to install , but i have all the tools ! Just throwing that out there !
Craig

Back