speedometer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipperhub

Reaction score
My Yammy speedometer quit.
It showed 7mph for long time regardless of how fast I was going and now it shows just a line of dashes.
I use my GPS reading anyway but I don't like a guage not to be woking. I have no idea where to start looking for the trouble.
I recently dropped lower units to rebuild the water pumps. I replaced the plastic fittings and reattached the hoses with plastic ties as they were when I found them so I don't think the prblem is at that end.
The instrument wakes up when I put power to it but there is no reading.
New guage in the offing?

Skipper Hub

My speedo hole on the lower unit has a chunk of wood jammed in it from when I clipped a floating 2x4. It registered 34 mph for the rest of the trip and now is zero. I can see the wood in the tiny hole. Perhaps you suffer from the same problem?

Take a 1/16" twist drill in your fingers, and turn it into the pitot tube hole to clear the blockage. It doesn't take much to occlude that hole and cause the speedo to fail, and it doesn't take much to clear it either.

Good luck!

Be- Faithful you are right--speedometers and gas guages - never right.

I have GPS for speed and fuel consumption ratio guages for gas but keep tanks topped off for insurance.

skipperhub":3jkmqy1z said:
Be- Faithful you are right--speedometers and gas guages - never right.

I have GPS for speed and fuel consumption ratio guages for gas but keep tanks topped off for insurance.

Yup....

Back