spring cleaning

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluegooseII

Reaction score
Felt great to take the knife to the shrink wrap this morning. Splashing the boat by the weekend. Seemed to be a good amount of moisture in the boat this winter, and some mold formed in a few places. Im assuming its mold...its little black dots. I know the best method for removing it, but whats the safest way to remove it with out harming the boat? The boat is a 05. Have kept it spotless for the last 2 seasons(putting alot of hours on it to!!), and want to keep it that way for the next 30.

Other than that. We are ready. Just wanted to start a post on recomendations for cleaning products. Whether it removes mold, or blood, lets hear what you use.

I use bleach and water to remove mildew from fiberglass. Works very well and will leave the fiberglass shiny and smooth. Good luck

Same here.

I have a small spray bottle rigged up with a cloros-water solution. It stays on the boat, and I spritz anything that looks like it is getting dark from mold before it gets too bad.

how about the carpet headliner?

Discolored in a few spots, mostly infront of the pilot house door. Maybe I need to wash my hair more often?

We need to stop fishing and finish the boat and put it in the water!! All it needs is bottom paint and to screw the transom mount transducer in.

I haven't needed to clean mine, but past people have said Bissell Carpet Cleaner. One mentioned making double strength Oxi-Clean.

Dana

Another vote here for bleach to clean stained gelcoat.

The cockpit deck can get particularly dirty, so I use Orpine boat soap, Zep orange cleaner... and if it's stained... some liquid bleach added to the mix.

Scrub... let sit for a bit (have a barley pop while you wait), then rinse lightly.
Any residual bleach will work its magic in the sunshine. :wink:

When you are done scrubbing the boat, toss the 'bucket water' into the bilge to keep it fresh and clean too. 8)

Latest posts

Back