Thanks for the add. New Parker owner, 2019 2520 XL

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom888fish

Reaction score
Put a deposit on a 2019 2520 XL this past weekend. Now the time passes slowly!!! However, I've loved the topics and useful discussions I'm finding on this forum.

It's definitely going to be a change; we traded in our 2001 260 SeaRay Sundancer we've owned for 18 years. The biggest adaptation is going to be figuring out how to take WAAAAY less stuff. Cleaning off the SeaRay I think we probably unloaded 10-12 bins of stuff. Things I haven't seen for a decade. That said, I am wondering how I'm going to deal w/ storing even the basics, e.g. lines, fenders, stern anchor, fishing gear. Definitely would welcome ideas on especially the fenders and stern anchor (we often hit the beach either for the day, or after coming back from fishing).

Congrats on you new purchase. Lots of ways to create storage areas just need to be creative. As for fenders, I keep mine tucked under the gunnels. For extra storage I built lids for "milk crates" I have them in front of the help seats and use for foot rests.

Good luck.

Welcome!
If you have a bracket/swim platform, you could store a stern anchor on that.
Fenders: rail mount fender racks, rear transom fix boxes, under the gunnel as was said, I'm probably going to hang mine from the rocket launchers on the hardtop on the port side. They are too big to store under the gunnel or I would do that.
Tackle: Ah, the eternal question. I have so much that I believe I'm winning between my wife and I. I now have more tackle than her shoes! I'm converting the jump seat behind the passenger captain's chair. I removed the useless 4 Plano box holder from behind the door to expose all the space inside. I have found that I can store 6 milk crates flat on the floor in there with maybe 4 more on top of those. And, yes, they fit through the door. Also going to make some Starboard shelves for the Port side cabin. Going to see how this year goes for me (just bought the boat) and may add a tackle storage to the deck on the Port side.

Good Luck!

Here is a pic of the emptied rear jump seat. Lots of wasted space.
8a00b022372ae26048d943d57ec00e89.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brent":11wb59qi said:
Are you using Tapatalk app to post pics?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I just tried and it says I don’t have permission to reply.

I removed the jump seat on my 2820 and added this tackle station. Can’t find a pic of it installed. Gotta keep looking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all! Lots of great ideas. I will say, as much as I'm counting the days until I take delivery of the new Parker, I was a little surprised they don't take better advantage of available space. For a 25' by 9' 6" boat, I'm still amazed at how little storage there is. But this definitely seems like the place to get ideas!

Yes. Custom made in Pennsylvania. Nautical Design in Harmony. I added a drawer on the starboard jump seat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back