THANKS FROM A PARKER WANNABEE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar

Reaction score
I just sold my sailboat and am looking to buy an easy to maintain, easy to run powerboat. The grandkids are at the age where they'd rather fish, crab, go tubing, etc than go 4 kts while Grandpop tacks up the Metedeconk, the wife would rather cruise up the creeks and lagoons rather than heel over in a breeze and be rocked by powerboat wakes and I'm at the age where I'd much rather turn a key and push a button to get somewhere on a boat.

I'm not big into fishing (yet), but sure like the lines of the many Parkers that go past me in the canal. (The dealer is located at the south end of the canal). My cars have been Honda's of late because I value reliability, and from all I have read Parkers have that same reputation.

I want to thank you all for this great forum. It has been more educational to me than any other website or brochure, and has gotten me to the point that I'm now 90% sure my next boat will be a Parker. In looking at the models, it seems that the 2100SE is best suited for my use and certainly looks like it wouldn't require much maintenance.

Since the boat will not be used primarily for fishing, I'm leaning towards a folding bimini top and pedestal seats with footrests, and since I'm looking for simplicity, I'm leaning against the raw water washdown and trim tabs and for the no-feedback steering with the Yamaha 150 4 stroke. However, I am certainly open to changing these plans based on the experience of you folks. Any suggestions you have for me would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance for your advice - Bob

Bob,

First off, welcome to Classic Parker!

Glad to hear you are finding the site and its members/contents beneficial in your boat search process.

My only advice regarding your current choices is to go with the trim tabs. As the 21SE has a modified-V hull, trim tabs will be very helpful in getting the bow down to cut through chop. I would also imagine they would be beneficial in getting the boat up on plane quickly while towing a tuber/water skiier.

If you do a little searching, you will see that most folks not only highly recommend the trim tabs, but in some cases they recommend installing larger tabs than come standard on the Parker! I think this is primarily on the larger 25' boats, but again I think trim tabs will make a huge difference in how your boat rides and how comfortably you and your family are on those less than perfect days.

Best of luck!

-- Tom

It occurred to me I should reply some here as well, as it leaves a searchable information trail on this site.

Regarding options, if I were you, considering your stated needs and uses, I would defintely opt for the hydraulic steering and trim tabs. I would ask Schrader about the bow dodger their canvas guy can make. I would get the forward platform as well. You don't need the raw water washdown in my opinion.

I would also try to sit on the leaningpost with rocket launcher, if they have it there. I love mine. But if you get it please also get the optional footrest, and have them install it on the console, and not the livewell.

Regarding the bow dodger.... it is very useful. Here is the one I had made for my old Whaler; it was awesome for cruising and family.
The_Point_Pleasant_Canal.jpg

topview.jpg

Good Luck on your new "Parker" venture, this site had a lot to do with my recent boat purchase as well. I spent a many of nights reading through-out the forum. Not only the info, but the feeling I got from everyone's passion and opinion.

I have not regretted anything about my new Parker so far, and think it has been the best boat I've owned.

Again, good luck!

Welcome to CP.
I would get both the tabs for reasons stated and the raw water washdown.
I had one on my 1801 and loved the convenience. I upsized this winter and the new boat doesn;t have RWW and I can't believe how badly I miss it. I will be installing one this winter layup.

Thanks for all the good tips. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow and we'll see how it goes! I'll definitely get the trim tabs and Sal, I'll take your advice on the electronics for sure.

Back