Thought you should know ... I bought a Yamaha!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
Yes - me, I did. I know I have criticized the Yam F250 in the past, but I just bought my 1st Yummie motor. Nope, not a 4-stroke, not even a V6 ... as I just bought a late '80s 40hp with electric start, and power trim & tilt, to put onto a 16' skiff that followed me home last week.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, so if anyone near me needs a motor, I have a 6hp, 10hp, 15hp, 25hp, and 30hp ... all tuned up and ready to use - for sale.

Dale... The very tired 60 Yamaha I had on the 17 Alumacraft I ran in Minnesota would push that boat to 22kts, light on fuel and with 1 person aboard.
That 40 should do fine on that skiff. Congratulations! :D

22 knots? That's it? My 10hp Sears Game Fisher pushes my 12' skiff to 19 knots ...

For that boat, 22 kts was doing good!

The 4-stroke motor smoked worse than any 2-stroke I'd ever seen when it was started. That thing looked like a skeeter fogger!

Oh... and the hull leaked terribly too. Every morning I'd run the bilge pump for at least 15 minutes before the water would clear the deck.
(note the waterline and the stream from the bilge drain)

Image-48B16242452F11DC.jpg

To call the boat a roach would be kind... but we caught fish from it, and that's all I cared about! :D

Back