tilt guage 150 4 stroke

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfunandson

Reaction score
Ok lauched the boat yesterday after the winder dry dock, all went well with the exception of the tilt guage, 150 yamaha 4 stroke, it appears the guage is working as it powers up ok and goes through the test, do we know where the sensor is located on the motor so I can check those connections

The trim sensor is located on the pivot point of the motor or tilt bracket , directly under the tiller arm(this is looking at the moter from in front).Small unit that has a small plastic arm and a few wires coming off of it,all held in place by a couple screws.It is not uncomon for the plastic arm to crack or brake over time,or a short in the unit.What I found helpful was to purchase a repair manual for your specific outboard , it will not make you a mechanic but will greatly help in developing a basic understanding of the motor and its parts. Let us know what you find out.

The good news is that Yamaha has finally redesigned the trim cam and it is now SS instead of plastic. You can contact Andy at Shipyard Island Marine for a replacement.

I did mine this Spring as well. Easy job.

I have the same problem on my port F-115. I've already purchased the SS ring. Fixing that item is #21 on my long list (see other thread):

"Install new metal trim sensor ring on port motor (already purchased)"

Dave

aka
[/i]

Back