TIPS & TRICKS - Parker 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jfurst

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just bought a 2006 Parker 1801 with Yamaha 115, really nice and has been maintained beautifully. This is my first boat I have ever purchased, so I was wondering if any fellow 1801 owners had any advice they'd be willing to lend me about maintaining/operating/anything about these boats? I have a feel for the basics, but would love to know what you have to share that would be specific to this boat. I will have it stored dry and mainly be fishing it off of the southern California coast. Any helpful words are greatly appreciated!!

it’s a great boat one thing I want to do is move the batterys in the console. Many people highly recommend trim tabs but I didn’t want to dump 600$ more into the boat so I added a hydrofoil and it’s much better then it was without it so I would add one of the two depending on your budget

Mine actually came with trim tabs which was sweet, the guy before me had them installed. I have heard other people talk about moving the batteries to the console - is it just a weight distribution thing? I’m not sure which way to go with the battery situation, being that I’d need to hire someone to do it. I’ve also been given the argument that you want the battery closer to the engine rather than having the wires run halfway up the boat to the console. Then again the more i use the boat the more I might notice it.

I have ordered a 2021 , 1801. Just went to the Parker Plant couple days ago. I am getting the 150 hp Yamaha installed , and the engineer said they put the battery under the console , at the factory , with the heavier motor. So I don’t think the distance from battery to switch is an issue.

Back