Trailer for 2520DV??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_Madison CT

Reaction score
Guys: I pay nearly $900 per winter to have my boat hauled and blocked. The rest I do. I was wondering if you guys with 2520's have trailers and if so, what size.

Anyone have an idea what a trailer for my boat would cost too. Whatever recommendations you have I would appreciate.

Thanks,

John

I have one for the 2530 that the previous owner bought.
It is a LONG brand trailer made in North Carolina, dual axle with brakes, bunk type.

The boat is still in the water and I will be pulling this weekend if you want to check it out some time. I could contact him to see where he bought it and what he paid. I remember him saying the trailer would pay for itself in 3 seasons.

Trailer is in Westbrook at my house, Let me know.

When I bought my boat in 2003, it came on a 10,000 LoadRite galv tandem axle roller trailer.

Image-B683E162185C11D8.jpg

I couldn't afford the boat and a truck to pull it too, so I wet slipped the boat and sold the trailer for $2800

Image-D19841EC744911D8.jpg

If I were to trailer all the time, this trailer was everything I did not want.
It was a roller trailer (I prefer bunks), it had a sprung suspension (I prefer torsion axles), it had drum brakes (I prefer discs)... but it would be completely acceptable for winter storage, which is what the new owner bought her for.

If you could find a tandem axle trailer in the 9,000 to 10,000# range, you should be OK as a storage trailer is concerned, especially with the gear off the boat while she is being stored.

I paid over a hair $5K (trailer cost + delivery to MD) for this 1 year ago...

IMG_6683.jpg

Disregard the mess on the ground, I was asjusting the front bunks. :)

IMG_6801.jpg

It's a Hi-Tech 26-28 (hull length) 10,200# GVWR tandem. I special ordered the longer frame and had the bunks cut so they ended as close to the rear crossmember as possible. This allows the bunks to be supported by the frame for their entire length. It's got stainless hardware, front center bunks, a spare wheel/tire/hub/spindle/bearing assembly, guide poles and Kodiak silver-cad plated disc brakes on both axles. It's also built on a 80" wide frame (most are 72" I believe) so it fits a 9'6" beam boat perfectly.

My boat is going on the market in the next few days and I am willing to separate the boat and trailer, but only if the boat goes first. I'll be looking for $3500/obo so if you're interested, lets keep in touch.

FYI, if you're looking at Loadmaster, forget it. I had one of those before this trailer and this one is far superior. The build quality is much better.

Guys: This is a great help. I would probably get a roller trailer, especially knowing the launch ramp I'd be using.

Load-rite seems to have a 9700lb trailer that fits the bill. I would think that's enough for my 2520DV, which is supposed to be 5300lbs Hull alone, then roughly 600lbs for the engine, then figure 1000lbs of fuel (to be on the safe side) then another 1000lbs of other crap. That adds up to 7900lbs leaving around 20% before hitting the trailer's max weight.

That 9700 lb. Load Rite is the trailer I wanted, but I couldn't bring myself to spend another $2000+ over the Hi-Tech to get it. It's mad expensive, but it sure is sweet. :)

I have a 2000 2520 with twin 200hp yamahas, I bought a venture, it is a really good trailer al H channel built strong i went with a 8,500 and I havent had any problems on the long hauls. and i have air and genarator.
and a big parker bait station on the wall were the second steering would be. check out the venture line send me a fax number I'll send you my info
sincerly
Ray
p.s. Venture has a 9000and disk brakes

Once you get a trailer, unless you can park it on your own property, you still have to have a place to store the boat on the trailer. Many communities have zoning laws that prohibit parking boats and RVs in the neighborhood areas. Figure that additional place-to-park cost into your equation.

Dave

aka

Dear porkchuncker,
thank you for your responce, But I should have said it was for John_ Madisons question at the top of the page about haveing to find the right weighted trailer for his 2520 sorry about that one.
Ray

I have a lighter duty trailer. '96 2530 with I/O and got a '97 7,400 lb 5 Starr. At the time was the largest for their brand.

Dual axle and surge brakes, rollers. I only use it a few times a year. Cost under $4,000 at the time.

Since has new brake system, tires, upsized winch and jack.

The larger trailers mentioned are a good idea to have a good safety factor.

Dana

Attachments

• DSC03150 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03150 (Medium).JPG
    94 KB · Views: 655
Back