trailer question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reefman

Reaction score
I'm looking for a trailer for my 2120 sc. I don't plan to use it for anything other than winter storage and to drop in and take out to start and end the season. Can anyone give an opinion on galvanized vs aluminum?

how much does it matter to you what the trailer looks like? Aluminum and galvanized trailers will both last a considerable number of years. Most aluminum trailers actually have galvanized axles so if anything that would seem to fail first. If you like your money get galvanized if you want shiny and have some money to kick around get aluminum. either way get disc brakes.

For the use you describe I wouldn't get anything more than a typical galvanized bunk trailer from an average manufacturer.

I ended up getting a Karavan dual axle gavanized bunk w/ disc brakes rated for 4000 lbs. Probably pushing the load limit with the 2120 sc but I think to sit in the backyard over the winter it should be fne. Thanks for the input

Back