Trim Tab Zinc Anodes Source?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samsims

Reaction score
I need new zincs for my trim tabs but have not been able to find the correct ones. Anyone have a source? The closest thing I have found is rudder zincs but only one of the pair comes with the nut in the zinc.

Thanks
Stacy

Where else but ... http://www.boatzincs.com/

FWIW, the mark-up on zincs is HUGE :shock: !

The large rudder zincs sold @ West Marine for ~$18 sell for ~$12 @ Boater's World and yet are only $7-8 via my wholesale account ... and they're still making $$ at that.

Dale, thanks for the link, I should have specified Lenco tabs. I still don't see an exact match for what I have. The rudder anode would work but only half of it would work, the other half doesn't have the nut pressed into it. Is the zinc soft enough to press a nut into the other half myself?

Samsims,

Yes, the zinc alloy is soft enough that you can force a nut in the 'other' side of the rudder zinc. Thats what I've been doing. For whatever reason these things get eaten up pretty quickly over the course of the short season we have here in Mass.. so I guess they are doing their jobs.

-- Tom

My trim tab zincs need changing mid way through the season. I talked to a Parker mechanic at the AC boat show and said to try one of those "Grouper" large zincs with cable while the boat is slipped. Simply clip the cable end to the mounting nut for the outboard. I think I'm going to give it a try. Lots of stray voltage in my area. Several underwater cables which are leaking voltage. I know this because the FF goes nuts when I cross one not far from my marina. :roll:

Are your trim tabs painted. I wound up putting interlux interprotect followed by bottom paint on the trim tabs and found that the anodes are lasting 2 seasons instead of one.

Ray

Back