Trim tabs advice

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dleopoldi914

Reaction score
Every 3 years the shop paints my boat. I use a hard paint that has high copper and it’s a multi season.

At the end of every season I run a power washer over the boat to get rid of some of the grime.

I am on season 3.

Last year I painted my tabs with Pettit eco hrt over what as there. I made sure to sand where the zincs were to get very clear metal to metal contact. Every year I do the trim tan zincs.

For my transducer I used a special transducer paint.

Last year I just light sanded and painted what was there. It was all there when I pulled the boat this time with no growth. When I power washed and wire brushed a little i am kind of back down to metal.

I notice all of the copper free paints suggest using some sort of primer then painting.

If I just paint eco hrt it should be ok for another season? Next year I will pay the shop to paint the boat and they will do the tabs (it’s part of package).

I Have a sander but no no machine to soda blast. is there maybe a primer epoxy I could put before the eco hrt (I don’t want to sand anymore)?

Pictures of tabs in the shape they sit now. I sanded where the new anodes will go.

What do you think? I’m just looking to get a season out of the paint until shop can blast it

Attachments

• 199EC614-F295-4529-904D-E84DB50A5C6A.jpeg
    199EC614-F295-4529-904D-E84DB50A5C6A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • A9F4E808-6FB8-4F54-B8E9-26DFDD2662CC.jpeg
    A9F4E808-6FB8-4F54-B8E9-26DFDD2662CC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Back