Trim tabs for 2008 Parker 2300 DVCC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topwater26

Reaction score
I am a new owner, and have read on this forum that a lot of people have installed larger trim tabs on the 2300DVCC hulls. It seems most people have switched to 12X18 tabs. I assume these are 18 inches wide.

Are most people switching from the Lenco factory installed tabs, to the Bennett Hydraulic Tabs.

Can you continue to use the Lenco Tabs and just change out the tab plate to an 18 inch wide. Please make recommendations.

If switching to the Bennett tabs is really preferred, please provide information about Bennett model or part number and sources.

I am also considering the REV 4 prop and the Mercury Enertia ECO prop.

Great forum, I have learned a lot reading all the great posts. Thanks

First question answer is yes they are 18" wide.

Second question answer is not sure what the majority is doing but I have read several who have just changed the tab plate and kept the Lenco Actuators. I think that this is just a factor of time/money and personal preference. It's a much bigger job to go to a whole new system and hydrolic.

Third question partially answered above but yes, you can change out just the tabs and even leave the actuator mounted in the same place. You will end up with an offset mount on the tabs but several folks here have done it without issues. I'm planning on doing this exact same method to my 2120 next month.

Props. Check out this thread
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11163
And this site for prop selector. What motor do you have?
https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/pro ... #/step-one

Thanks Shawnee, I do not have any great pictures yet. I bought the boat but I am still 2000 miles away. I will start working on it in April. I have a Yamaha 250 180 hrs.

I may call Lenco and see what involved with changing out the Tabs to 18".

Attachments

• parker 23.jpg
    parker 23.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 364
Topwater26,
I had a 2006 2300DVCC and what I did was change the size of the Lenco Blades to 12x18, left the actuator in same place, big differance in boat attitude the bow would come down instantly.
if I remember correctly, the OEM 12 x 12 have 7 screws and the 12x18 have 11, you would leave the middle screw (of the 7 ), use that as your guide, patch the remaining six (3 on each side) and then drill the other 10 you will need to put on the 12x18,that would leave the actuator in same place, lest see if I can load pic.

You will also benefit by using a Rev 4 Mercury prop, it will lift the stern, My 250 Yami was on the second hole from the top.

I loved that boat, you will not be disappointed.

Robert

Attachments

• side view of motor.jpg
    side view of motor.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 350
I'm thinking of doing the same thing this spring
I have one question it looks like the trim tab is to far outboard over the top of the reverse chin ??
I thought you had to stay back from that?
Or am I wrong ....

The Lenco site has some installation instructions, they do specify that you stay away from the chine.

Installation of Trim Tab Blades

1. _To begin, determine where the Lenco Trim Tab Kit will be installed. Note: When laying out the desired tab location, hold the tab against the transom with the bottom of the hinge knuckle 3/8" (.95 cm) up from the bottom of the transom, approximately 1" to 4" (2.54 to 10.56 cm) in from the chine, and parallel with the hull.
Note: The reason the hinge knuckle is mounted 3/8" (.95 cm) from the bottom of the transom is to allow water to travel along the bottom of the boat and create lift when it is redirected in the tab area. Tabs are also mounted in this manner for protection while on a boat trailer or when being dry-stored.

http://www.lencomarine.com/index.php/tr ... ory_id=322

topwater26":8w6jifjd said:
The Lenco site has some installation instructions, they do specify that you stay away from the chine.

Installation of Trim Tab Blades

1. _To begin, determine where the Lenco Trim Tab Kit will be installed. Note: When laying out the desired tab location, hold the tab against the transom with the bottom of the hinge knuckle 3/8" (.95 cm) up from the bottom of the transom, approximately 1" to 4" (2.54 to 10.56 cm) in from the chine, and parallel with the hull.
Note: The reason the hinge knuckle is mounted 3/8" (.95 cm) from the bottom of the transom is to allow water to travel along the bottom of the boat and create lift when it is redirected in the tab area. Tabs are also mounted in this manner for protection while on a boat trailer or when being dry-stored.

http://www.lencomarine.com/index.php/tr ... ory_id=322

This is what I have read also. This is why others have offset the actuators due to keeping the outside edge of the tabs in the same location as where the 12x12's were, which is about 1" in from the chine. That said, Robert did and and he seems to be happy with it. Maybe someone can explain to us the bad of going over the chine with the tabs? It would be nice to center the actuator.

Topwater26/Shawnee83

All I can tell you is that boat rode incredible compared to when it had the 12x12, before if I was heading into a head sea and tried to put the bow down, it would only go down so far and not enough to plow right thru the waves, once I changed to 12x18, just a touch of tab down and I could plow thru anything.You can Offset the actuator, I think some have done it. I sold the boat last year, I do not know if he is member of this site, I know he has friend here (RyanC), may be they could chime in and let you know.I had the boat for 7 years ( got older and boat was to big for wife and I to launch) that was first thing I did along with the Rev4 prop.

You will not be disappointed with those 2 upgrades, its a great built boat that takes rough water very well.

Robert

Attachments

• back of boat.jpg
    back of boat.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 323
Thanks for the feedback Robert. This topic is near the top of my list right now as I'm going to do mine soon. I added a Permatrim in the fall which made a huge difference but I still want to do the 12x18's

I've got the 2009 version and I did the same upgrade after riding on Robert's boat. 12x18 tabs, raised the O/B up a notch, and now running a 17p Rev 4. Would like to try the 19p as I usually am running a light load, but done swapping props for now. Also try to stay between 1/2 and 3/4 tank of fuel.

shawnee83":jfdyh9dn said:
Ryan, so you slid the tabs out over the chin so the actuator was centered or did you move the actuator?

Hi Ryan,

Did you center the actuator, or offset the trim tab on your installation ?

I have a haulout planned in 2 weeks and am trying to gather all the info I can for the install.
-Can you give me the Part #s for the 12 x 18 Tab Plates ?

Thanks
Bill

You need to get edge mount. Bought just the blades and had the marina put them on. Centered with the actuators. My weekends with the boat are few and far between these days, so I'd rather spends them on the water than with it on a work rack.

Back