Trim Tabs question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyCast5

Reaction score
My 23SE came with Trim Tabs that have an Instant Retract set up that make noise every time I turn the engine off. Can something be done to make the retract noise go away. Btway this also happens every time I turn off my engine even when my tabs are up. Is this Normal? I like the ride w/ the tabs but not the noise especially when I decide to stop and fish. Any suggestions on making the noise go away. Thanks for your help.

FlyCast5":4j88y81p said:
My 23SE came with Trim Tabs that have an Instant Retract set up that make noise every time I turn the engine off. Can something be done to make the retract noise go away. Btway this also happens every time I turn off my engine even when my tabs are up. Is this Normal? I like the ride w/ the tabs but not the noise especially when I decide to stop and fish. Any suggestions on making the noise go away. Thanks for your help.
They dump 'without power', tabs all the way up or not, by discharging a large capacitor. The only way to eliminate the noise is to eliminate the function. If a Bennett system, I could tell you how ...

DaleH":tsdug0ge said:
FlyCast5":tsdug0ge said:
They dump 'without power', tabs all the way up or not, by discharging a large capacitor. The only way to eliminate the noise is to eliminate the function. If a Bennett system, I could tell you how ...
So the noise is pretty standerd then...Don't know if it's a Bennett system I'll check but The tabs were a standard feature on my 2010 SE...Ty

Yep, that's pretty normal. The first time I had a buddy out and I shut the engines down he freaked out thinking there was something seriously wrong with the boat. You get used to it after awhile. You probably have Lencos like mine.

RandMadeRods":flhoonxe said:
Yep, that's pretty normal. The first time I had a buddy out and I shut the engines down he freaked out thinking there was something seriously wrong with the boat. You get used to it after awhile. You probably have Lencos like mine.
I'm getting used to it. I hope the fish will as well...lol

Mine are Lencos and do this. When key turned off, tabs retract all the way up. I guess as a safety feature so the boat always has tabs in up position at start up. I can say by the third season of these tabs, I don't even hear it any more due to being conditioned to the sound.

Back