TROLLING FEATURE ON YAMAHA GAUGES

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCparker

Reaction score
I was reading thru my yamaha gauge manual again last night, and figuring out how to reset the maintenance clock, for after my last oil change, when I came across the trolling feature setup in my gauges.

This feature allows you to adjust the RPMs electronically in 50 RPM increments. This comes in very helpful when trying to dial in your trolling speed. you just push the + or - button and can modify the speed. Sometimes easier than tapping the throttle up and back to get it just right, expecially when trolling bunker spoons or something similar.

I have used this on other boats, as it is sometimes part of the floscans on other boats I've run, but I never actually accessed it on my boat thru the Yamaha gauge. Quite honestly, after reading the manual, I am not sure if I definitely have it, or if it is an added feature that I need to get. Does anyone know if this is standard feature, and do you use this feature on your Parker, and what do you think of it?

Decided to call Yamaha. It seems that the gauge portion of their manual basically covers all their outboards. This trolling feature is only available on outboards up to 90HP, and the new 350.

So, I guess most of us don't have it. Sure would be nice though.

CCparker":1hj5huyb said:

It sure would!

Maybe not quite as nice as setting the trolling speed on the plotter/autopilot and having that device control the speed of the motor depending on wind, current, and course, but cool nontheless! :wink:

Yea... I know. :D

Megabyte":7mb28vyo said:
CCparker":7mb28vyo said:

It sure would!

Maybe not quite as nice as setting the trolling speed on the plotter/autopilot and having that device control the speed of the motor depending on wind, current, and course, but cool nontheless! :wink:

Yea... I know. :D
I Agree, It's comming....Some larger inboard systems allready do it.

Back