ttop cracked at base....removal for welding?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksdad

Reaction score
So my the ttop on my '03 23SE has cracked at the base right above the deck mounting plate just above the weld. I'd like to get it fixed before the other legs suffer a similar fate but it sounds like it needs to be removed for this. My big question is are the bolts into the deck screws or bolts (ie with nuts on the other side) and if they are bolts then how does one access them?

Thanks,

It should not be through bolted but only screwed down with 5200 under it. A good welder may be able to weld it without it coming off.

When you get to welding that piece, there is a heat-absorbing paste I saw a welder use on aluminum. You put a burm of it around the repair area and if absorbs excess heat. I saw it used on a painted sailboat mast to save the finish outside the immediate repair area and protect mast wiring in a nearby conduit. Might be of use to you too.

I have experienced the same type of cracking on a previous boat. i had three, if i remember correctly, welded in place. you pay more for the visit, but it's worth the aggravation.

can he access the top of the leg? if so, he should be able to weld that with cold water running through it. Do you have weep holes at the bottom of the legs?

Back