Ultimate Trailer Lights

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outta Here

Reaction score
After four and a half seasons, I'm having to make minor repairs to trailer lights/wiring. The original submersible incandescents have done pretty good, IMO. I can patch up existing or switch out.

Who makes the most reliable LED's?
Are any LED's worth the extra money?
Where's the best price?

A "Search" @ Fla Sportsman really seemed to turn up mixed results from LED's better than sex to LED's worse than April 15th.

Personally, I don't think they're worth the added expense. I use the Dry Launch brand of regular lights and get great service from them.

https://www.surplusunlimited.com/Mercha ... de=2700-40

Run a dedicated ground wire down each side of the trailer and liquid electrical tape and heat shrink all connections. As long as you don't back into something, you'll be good for many years.

This past season, I finally installed a set of pipe lights on my duck boat trailer after destroying a set of lights every season. Granted you need the PVC guide posts to use them but, these are the ticket. They will be on the EZ loader as soon as the factory lights give up the ghost.

For anyone interested, Lowes is having a closeout on a nice set of slimline incandescents (air trap style) for around 10 bucks total for kit w/wire etc.

I went for the bling LEDs. Anyone know where I can find some ST tires in 20"? Also want some "spinner" style wheels. :D

Back