Underwater leds

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrell68

Reaction score
Ordering a new 25Se has anyone experienced the underwater leds from Parker I’m hearing mixed reviews on them thx in advance

Do not get them!

I have a 2019 25SE. Bought the boat 3 months ago. Wasn't going to get lights, but they had a boat in stock that was otherwise set up how I wanted. Boat is kept on a lift, about 30h on engine. Port light is out. Starboard light is half out and flickering. They use cheap puck lights that just screw to the transom, as opposed to a higher end lights like Lumitec with bronze trough-hull fittings. I could get them replaced under warranty, but am sure they are just going to break again. I plan on removing them and having the holes filled in. If you really want underwater lights, buy high quality ones and have them installed yourself.

Are you planning to order a boat, or buy something already in stock? If ordering a boat, I would have a few special requests, as they did a few things I find odd/annoying.

1 - The combo rod holder/ cleat they use in the stern is just stupid. It is a weird shape that makes attaching a line very awkward. You cannot use it with a rod in the holder. Being there is no separate cleat, there isn'g a good place to attach a flatline clip or planner line when trolling. I would have much preferred a normal rod holder, with pop-up cleat behind it. Of note, their standard pop-up cleats are very nice.

2 - The front ring of the under gunwale rod holders is too narrow to accommodate a boat pole, deck brush, or gaff (although I can kind of get a gaff to fit hanging by the hook). Basically, they are only good for fishing rods, although it is a bad place to carry rods because your reels bash against the gunwales when underway. I would delete these and install properly sized rings myself.

3 - Batteries are mounted in bilge. Access isn't terrible, but can be awkward if you get the rear seat option. I would have preferred them mounted in the console. There is plenty of room on the shelf in the rear of the console where they would be completely out of the way but very accessible. It also removes risk shorting out the batteries if you take water into your bilge from a broken hose or fitting.

4 - I would add 2 additional rod holders on each side - the 2 standard ones on each side, plus one next to the console and another toward the bow. This is really personal preference, but we do a lot og bottom fishing and it would be nice to be able to accommodate 4 rods per side. It would be a relatively cheap addition, and vastly improve fishability. I actually plan to add these when I have my transom light holes filled in.

5 - I would delete the cup holders on the gunwale cap. There are 4 of them. They are in kind of awkward positions, where you cannot reach them very well from the seating. We don't use them at all, and they kind of just collect dirt and water. I am probably going to remove them when I have the rod holders added. The 2 cup holders in the console are very nice.

Please note that am very happy with the 25SE. The performance data listed on the Parker site for the F300 is very accurate to my experience. So far the 25SE has been a great boat for my purposes, and does just about everything from the sandbar to deeper flats to offshore. I would definitely recommend the boat to anyone looking for a do-it-all utility vessel. These are just some very minor inconveniences (which all boats have), but if you plan to order custom it probably would cost very little to have them remedied.

Whether new or used, I totally agree with the idea of moving the batteries to the console. First, to protect the batteries from flooding in the bilge, and second, moves the weight forward. Can have a significant impact on getting the boat up on plane quicker and keeping it flat. I did it on my 23DV and couldn't be happier with the mod.

My boat is older and doesn't have the combo rod holder/cleat, but it sounds like a nightmare setup. I'd delete.

Back