Value of a 2004 Parker 23 SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amarino

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking at the above boat with no engine , what do you think a fair price would be to pay for it. It has no trailer as well
Thanks

Hi, I am looking at the above boat with no engine , what do you think a fair price would be to pay for it. It has no trailer as well
Thanks
Condition means everything. At 20 years old the fuel tank is definitely a concern. Boat is sitting with no trailer and no engine, would leave me to think that it hasn’t had a lot of attention, which means the pry out inspection ports in the deck have most likely been leaking for years. That means the tank is probably sitting in a pod of soaked foam. Even if the tank isn’t currently leaking, it’s on borrowed time. I’d be really surprised if the sending unit gasket isn’t already leaking when the tank is full. If you end up paying someone to replace the fuel tank, that’s gonna be at a minimum $6K most likely more.

What that status of the hydraulic steering?? New helm & ram will be over $1000 just for the parts.

What’s the status of the wiring? Another big unknown.

Point I’m trying to make is that there are a lot of variables involved in determining value of a 20 year old Parker or any other boat….

Condition means everything. At 20 years old the fuel tank is definitely a concern. Boat is sitting with no trailer and no engine, would leave me to think that it hasn’t had a lot of attention, which means the pry out inspection ports in the deck have most likely been leaking for years. That means the tank is probably sitting in a pod of soaked foam. Even if the tank isn’t currently leaking, it’s on borrowed time. I’d be really surprised if the sending unit gasket isn’t already leaking when the tank is full. If you end up paying someone to replace the fuel tank, that’s gonna be at a minimum $6K most likely more.

What that status of the hydraulic steering?? New helm & ram will be over $1000 just for the parts.

What’s the status of the wiring? Another big unknown.

Point I’m trying to make is that there are a lot of variables involved in determining value of a 20 year old Parker or any other boat….
The motor is currently on the boat but I want to repower to a 4S.
I don’t know about the gas tank ,I would have to have that tested.
It has a TTop not hard top though
I was looking to get a ballpark figure. I am aware that there are alot of variables when buying any boat .
Thanks
I was guessing around 10 -12k give or take ?
Not sure though.

Back