water in rear storage cabinets........hinge bolts?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. John Deering

Reaction score
23 SE. can't nail down where the water is coming from in my rear storage cabinets. the even have a raise lip around the opening and a groove cut in the underside of the lip.

it does have a piano hinge, with screws/bolts to hold it down.
i do see some water sitting on the exterior of the hinge sometimes.........guess its best to remove them and caulk the threads etc?

anybody else notice this issue :?:

Is the water in both sides. I have my raw water wash in the port side box so I get a small amount in that one sometimes from the fittings leaking.

Yup, it's the hinges. I had the same problem on my 2520.
There is a very small drain hole in the corner, I blocked mine with a small dap of silicone sealant because water can come in the hole also. They've been pretty much dry as a bone now.

No, the drain hole is in the actual storage box itself, down in the splash well, where the box meets the transom. At least mine is. If you get enough water in the splash well, it can spill into the drain hole and go right into the storage box.
Could take a photo for you, but I wont be at the boat until next Saturday. In other words, the way mine is set up, if you put enough water in the storage compartment, above say 1", it'll start to drain out into the rear splash well through a very tiny hole.

Back