Water In the Cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABRIG005

Reaction score
Yesterday I pulled up to the dock with a few inexperienced guys that didnt grab the dock in time and we hit the port side harder than normal. I went back out and noticed a substantial amount of water coming in the cabin on the side we hit. No damage noticed on the port side. The dealer said he will have to take the rub rail off and 5300 the scres. Has this happened to anyone before? Thanks Anthony.

It is coming in where the cap meets the hull under the rubber rub rail below the hand rail...when we hit waves.

ABRIG005":e3k381v6 said:
It is coming in where the cap meets the hull under the rubber rub rail below the hand rail...when we hit waves.

Alot of Parkers do that from the factory, something a miss in the building process or it loosens up over time or with a jolt like yours.

Mine does it a little And I'm going to reseal the rub rail this spring.

We had a similar leak when we bought a 1990 Parker 2520 SC-Water would come in the cabin between the cap and the hull seam when we were pushing through waves in a following sea or running in a chop etc.
When we had the boat out for the winter we just ran a bead of silcone under the rub rail to seal it and the problem was fixed.

It was not a big deal and you may want to consider trying that before spending $$ with the dealer.

Depending on your rub rail you can take the center of it off pretty easy and go through and shoot some silicone in it. If you really want to you can Caulk the top and bottom of it but I dont like this idea because if water does get in at some point it wont be able to get out. The best would be to just pull the rubrail off and shoot clear silicone or almond color in the fittings and joint. They just did it to mine and its a 2008

Thanks for the responses. My dealer is fixing it for free since its only a year old. They really do have good service.

Back