Water strainers, AWESOME!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopShot25

Reaction score
Are you really tired of sucking stuff up into your bait pumps? Well I sure was, so I fixed that problem once and for all.

Here on the west coast we need a reliable bait system and mine was really irritating me. Fishing Catalina overnight or longer I would always suck stuff up into my pump which would either severely cripple it or clog it altogether. It was a real pain having to take my pumps apart all the time to pull junk out. One little strand of eel grass was all it took , so it’s time for a raw water strainer of some kind. There are smaller ones, and they may work fine I’m not sure, but I went with the Groco bronze strainers.

110717Water%20strainers%2000212023-med.jpg

I started with one on my main pump and was so impressed with it I now have one on my back-up pump as well. My pumps run great now and it’s amazing how much stuff I have to clean out of the strainer after each trip. You do need to clean them after each trip or they get really funky smelling. It’s real easy for me since my Parker’s on a trailer. All you have to do is unscrew the top and pull out the strainer. You would have to close a few valves if you’re in the water. Either way it’s very easy but you have to clean it out or it gets nasty with stuff starting to grow in there.

Next will be my new intake for nights when the squid float and clog it up from outside the boat. I got it figured out and almost set up. Hopefully then I will never wake up to dead or dying bait again.

That is hardcore!!!

Install looks top notch, I like the double clamps on everything.

Nice Job. 8) 8) 8)

Back