What do you think about this unit?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike2043

Reaction score
What do guy’s think of this chartplotter. The GPS Store has it for $384.95

Top » Brands » Standard Horizon » Standard Horizon CP180 with External Antenna

Affordable, Color C-Map Max Chartplotter.
The new Standard Horizon CP180 is designed to navigate you quickly and accurately to your destination, providing up to 10-foot accuracy using WAAS GPS technology. Information is clearly displayed on the 5” diagonal, sunlight readable color display, and operation is simple with dedicated keys for MARK, ROUTE and INFO at your fingertips. The CP 180 series can utilize the new C-Map MAX charts for outstanding details, and has separate “pages” for GPS status, chart navigation, virtual highway, celestial and tides as well as a fishfinder page, for use when connected to the optional FF520 black box fishfinder module. Other features include storage for 600 marks and 20 routes, NMEA input/output, 3-year warranty, and waterproof construction. Comes packed with swivel bracket, flush mount hardware and 12v. power cord.
Optional FF520 Sounder- The Standard Horizon FF520 Digital Black Box Fish Finder can turn your CP-180C into a 500/1000 Watt powerhouse. The FF520 features advanced filtering, which will eliminate unwanted noise and sharpens echoes to enhance separation and detection. The FF520 Black Box Fish Finder features Transducer ID, which will detect the transducer that is connected and automatically adjust the settings in the unit to optimize the performance of your system.
Dimensions are 7.125”W x 4.25”H x 1.25”D. Three-Year Warranty.

I don't know that unit, but if you call Jim Maier at BOE Marine, he could probably tell you if the feature set is good for the price, and whether he could match or beat that price.
Jim could also probably tell you whether or not that particular unit has a history or not (either good or bad).

866-735-5926 toll free

Unit: A friend runs one and it has been reliable, if not bulletproof, for him. I've never had a S-H unit with a problem myself.

Mapping:
I run std C-Map chips and LOVE it! That 'max' feature is even better.

Price: That's no tremendous bargain on that unit as it typically sells for $400 or less right now ...

Thanks Guy's. I was going to buy a Lorance but after reading about their customer service I am going to stay away from them.

Megabyte":nnzaxcyf said:
I don't know that unit, but if you call Jim Maier at BOE Marine, he could probably tell you if the feature set is good for the price, and whether he could match or beat that price.
Jim could also probably tell you whether or not that particular unit has a history or not (either good or bad).

866-735-5926 toll free

Thanks

I called Jim and placed the order..

Mike2043":6hzjxueq said:
Megabyte":6hzjxueq said:

866-735-5926 toll free

Thanks

I called Jim and placed the order..

Placed the order for what? What did Jim advise you to buy?

Back