Which Epirb?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebpwgc

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a cat II epirb. I was looking at the ARC 2777.5. i see they have a model with rapidfix w/gps interface and one without. Can some one explain what the rapidfix w/gps interface and the benefits. Also, opinions on this unit.

I don't have one, but if you got one with GPS the CG knows where you are sooner and within a smaller radius.

Might take an hour to get a good fix on you for the one without GPS and may narrow the search to about a mile. The ones with GPS allow a fix in maybe a third of an hour and a search area of maybe several hundred feet.

Dana

About two weeks ago a fisherman out of St Augustine was lost. If he had an epirb on him when he went over he may be here today. He was fishing alone. Had fish in the boat and the lines baited when the boat was found. After a search that boat was all that was located. Get an epirb if you fish offshore. The sooner it can fix your location the better the results can be. Don't try to get by on the cheap.

Never fish offshore alone.

Back