who has a 2520 dv with 4 blade props

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arima

Reaction score
so i have a 2520 dv with 2009 yamaha 150 4 stokes on the back and im running the stock black steel props and was wondering if any of you guys or gals have switched to for blades?? i was wondering if it helped on fuel burn and just being able to stay at plain at a lower rpm.. im not worried about speed because up in norhter california we barely get those flat greasey days.. thanks alot guys
mike

I have the 4 Blade Rev 4 19's on my boat. It is a 2530 with twin 225's. You should be able to swing the 17's. You will notice that your top end is about the same as with the black props. Mid range crusing is a little better light with the stock props and goes down a little with the 4 blade. However once you put a load on the boat then you will notice the performance difference with the 4 blades. I used to get around 1.8 with the black stock props and now get 1.7 with the Rev 4. Once im loaded up with 263 gallons of fuel and coolers fishing diving gear people i get about 1.4 with the Rev 4. I used to get almost down to 1.0 with the stock prop. I can plane a little slower but not much. The one thing that sold me the most on these props was how solid it held the boat in cross winds and chop. I also tried the Bravo 22's really lifted the entire boat out of the water made it feel squirrely if that makes sense. Also tried the Mirage Plus. Performance wise Top speed and fuel economy these were the best on paper. Just lifted the bow too much for my liking. I also was able to raise my motor up 2 holes from the factory setting which was as low as they go. Now they are one hole away from as high as they can go. Never any issue with blowing out the prop. FYI Ken at Prop Gods will mail you props if you want to try and recommends staying away from Enertia because of the diameter of the prop at certain pitches but at 17 he may still like them.

BradV":j0mkljcd said:
I also was able to raise my motor up 2 holes from the factory setting which was as low as they go. Now they are one hole away from as high as they can go. Never any issue with blowing out the prop.

FWIW I just received a very informative email from one of the guys on the Boston Whaler ContinuousWave forums who has their own boat weight and prop calculators. They LOVE the Merc Rev4 props for heavy boats and they recommend mounting the OB as high as she can go when wearing the Merc Rev4. I myself have a 15x15 to try on my single V6 225hp on my mod-V 2520. Will provide test data once the prop is received and tested.

I myself think 17" Rev4 props will be too much wheel to spin for F150s ...

I switched from stock to Rev4 17. I liked it alot. Then, I raised the motor UP one hole and while it performed and handled better with less load, it was harder to get up on plane with a FULL load, all tucked in.

I may lower it back at the next service interval.

The rev 4 has a lot of bite. I think you would like it.

Mike I have your boat and just put powertech 4 blades on a few weeks back. See my post below....new 4blades on the F150s. We have run 3 trips so far and love the props, the low speed planing is great and the bite is 100% better than the yamaha black 3 blades. I would recommend the powertech props I have. You will love the difference.

If you have any questions let me know.

Jason.

jjjansk":2br7w1q3 said:
Mike I have your boat and just put powertech 4 blades on a few weeks back. See my post below....new 4blades on the F150s. We have run 3 trips so far and love the props, the low speed planing is great and the bite is 100% better than the yamaha black 3 blades. I would recommend the powertech props I have. You will love the difference.

If you have any questions let me know.

Jason.
JASON WHAT ARE YOU SEEING FOR THE FUEL BURN DIFFERENCE THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE... DID YOU RASE YOUR MOTOR UP
MIKE

Mike I have seen .1-.3mpg improvement depending on speed, load and sea conditions. At cruise we seem to have improved a little over .1mpg in our normal gulf chop conditions.

The motors have been raised one hole.

Jason

Back