Who will be fishing the CBBT this December?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
My brother-in-law and I will be down fishing the CBBT on December 21st, and staying two nights at the Kiptopeake Inn.
Drive down on the 20th... fish the 21st... and leave the 22nd.

Fishing with Capt Skip Slomski of Jenny Beck Fishing Charters on his sweet Parker 23SE. :wink:
http://www.gofishbaltimore.com/

Image-B71B364285CD11D8.jpg

So who else will be down at the CBBT in December?

I will be there fishing Nov 30th and Dec 1st on the B-Faithful!!!

Unfortunately I will be down without my partner in crime gw204 as he will be working on the delivery of a baby #3, son #1. :cry: However, I hope to have a substitute to do the bucket ritual to guarantee that many fish will be caught... :p

Here is last year in review:
http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... light=cbbt

I will be fishing the trinity river or smith river.

I'm towing the Diamond down there the first week of Dec, leaving her there and fishing 3-4 times during Dec and Jan. Jan trips will be off the VA/NC coast.

Also going to try to book Walleye Pete for a day sometime during Dec. I get fish on my own, but never seem to find the top-water action with the bigger fish he always seems to find for his clients.

Porkchunker":n9exfxj1 said:
Also going to try to book Walleye Pete for a day sometime during Dec. I get fish on my own, but never seem to find the top-water action with the bigger fish he always seems to find for his clients.

That is the joy of booking a guide.
They know where the fish are... and can put you on them. :wink:

Guides...we dont' need no stinking guides. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :roll:

If you can Kev, book more than one day down there. Weather ain't always on your side.

I'm hoping to squeeze a trip in at some point. In fact, Mary said if the baby comes early I could go with Greg if I wanted. :) If not, I might pull the Grady down in late Dec.

Brian, I may leave my boat down there amd try for a day or two between Christmas and New Years as well..

B-Faithful":2yxi6gqv said:
Brian, I may leave my boat down there amd try for a day or two between Christmas and New Years as well..

Roger that. We'll see what happens. :)

I'll be there! Just hope you get there before the menhaden fleet. last year there was a great bite off of Cape Henry. The next day the fleet showed up and the bite was gone :twisted:

gw204":oh5vkwwu said:
Guides...we dont' need no stinking guides. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :roll:

If you can Kev, book more than one day down there. Weather ain't always on your side.

I'm hoping to squeeze a trip in at some point. In fact, Mary said if the baby comes early I could go with Greg if I wanted. :) If not, I might pull the Grady down in late Dec.

In truth, the only way I've learned to fish the bay is to book a guide. I usually use Walleye Pete (Four Seasons Guide Service) because he is retired US Military (like me). I've used him on the Susky Flats and mid-bay. After both trips, I knew much more than I knew before and my personal trips were much more productive.

WRT to the CBBT, I've done OK, but not great. Pete always seems to come up with the big fish on top-water lures...which is what I want to do this winter.

Dave

Aka

Porkchunker":1wso1kwz said:
Pete always seems to come up with the big fish on top-water lures...which is what I want to do this winter.

Topwater is magic! 8)

Back