Why Did You Buy A Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted a boat with no frills and a big cockpit. The Parker fit the ticket. Clean and Simple with great protection and tons of storage room.

I've had the 18' and 23SE, currently have the 23CC deepV. Never a gelcoat crack in any of the three. Been 30 miles offshore in the 18' with 4 people, cooler full of ice and 20gal livewell full.

I have 5-5gal buckets in the console of the 23DV, a gallon of oil, flare kit, and 4 or 5 tackle trays. People say Parkers have no storage. :roll:

As with most all CC Parkers, got an electronics cabinet on top of the console. Think it's a coincidence I've never had an problem with my GPS or fishfinder? I think not. Plenty of power supplied by Parker inside console. Super easy to fish transducer line to transom. I read other forums big problems for some just to get a wire to the transom.

No one mentioned the 3-piece hulls. Next boat show, climb aboard other 2-piece hulls and try to walk around...after being used to your Parkers, I'll bet you bang your shoes on the sides. How 'bout those little rod holder cover plugs? Drain piping? Parker doesn't need 'em.

The Carolina Flare is worth the loss of floor space (and cabin space) just for the "eye appeal". As someone else mentioned, form follows function. Of course, the Flare keeps us dry...more important, it is almost impossible to "submarine" the bow of a Parker.

The stringers and eggcrate bracing of a Parker is all hand cut, and GLASSED not glued in place. I have never felt the least bit of flex in any of my Parkers.

Most Parkers have fishboxes across the top of the transom. Just like NC custom sportfishers have had for years. No crawling on the floor to store your catch, or trying to tote a freshly gaffed 35"king to the bow to stuff under a seat! Full transom Parkers often have "recessed corners" on either side of the fish box so we can lock ourselves in to work a fish, downrigger or line.

"At Parker, we build boats for people who seek maximum value without spending a fortune. Boats that preform dependably, without constant attention and maintenance. Boats whose wide-flared bows and classic lines are pleasing to the eye. Boats that are fulfulling and rewarding to own and use.

If it sounds to you like ye're building the kind of boat hou've been looking for, the, by all means, welcome aboard"

Linwood Parker

I'd say that pretty much sums it up!

I'd love to have the opportunity to shake Linwoods hand someday...
He builds a great boat. :wink:

I wanted a pilothouse because I hate canvas. I had a Searay. In cold weather, the canvas would shrink and not fit. In hot weather, I just wanted to shut the door and leave, not snap in canvas.

The pilot house is cool in the heat (when moving), and the deck is great. I can put my chairs anywhere, facing any direction. The only drawback is the head is right in the middle of the berth. At night, I don't like the thought of sleeping above the john.

nassau":3nnn7vij said:
I am looking at purchasing a Parker cabin style boat to move away from my current center console boat. What do you folks think about the bow set-up on these parker boats. We do alot of fishing at anchor (and with double anchoring) and I was wondering how it is to get around the cabin to the bow for anchoring.

I like the huge cockpit on the Parker but am concrned about losing the access to the bow. Of course, there are trade-offs in every style boat. Thanks for the any insights.

I guess it all depends on how nimble you are on your feet. It is not difficult. My wife likes to go sit on the bow and sit and read when the catching is slow. I have an anchor windlass which reduces the need to go forward quite a bit.

Find a Parker Pilothouse you can play on and get a feel for what it's like.

You always see the word "serious"

Serious anglers choose Parker”
Serious boating enthusiasts choose Parker”
“Parker builds a boat for Serious fisherman”

That's why I chose Parker

I'm Serious

Serious Boatmen know and understand quality workmanship.
There is simply no better built boat out there.

Serious boating enthusiasts have modifications that they need to install and Parkers are infinitely customizable.
Parker offers unlimited potential for special equipment installation; everything from lobster pot haulers to side scan sonar. Law enforcement and the military know this.

Serious Boatmen appreciate classic lines and clean design.
Parkers are simply gorgeous. And they carry themselves with understated elegance.

Parker owners in the Chesapeake “Heartland of Parker Country” have maybe forgotten how sexy Parkers are.
I own the only Parker in my harbor, and we turn heads -every- time we enter or leave the harbor.

Serious fishermen know that its all about the cockpit.
Cockpits are where the action is. Do you want a boat builder telling you what you can and can’t do in the cockpit?
Where you can stand, where to sit, where to fish?
With Parker you get cockpit ….your way.
-You- decide what happens, where it happens and when. You decide what equipment is located in the cockpit and where.

Serious
boaters know that the serious boats cost more to build than others.
I bought a Parker because with Parker I could have superior quality, classic good looks and cockpit – my way.

It was a no-brainer. I’m serious.

8)

-John

I owned two Boston Whalers that I bought new, so you know right away that cost does not override seaworthiness in my book. I was/am fortunate that way, and thank up above for that. I love(d) Whalers and still do; I have a broken beatup 13 that I recently purchased as a project that , sigh, I have not started on.

Now Parkers... and especially the 25 foot sportcabins... they sing to the sea. They are simple. Built hard and tough. And are so customizeable for so many needs from fishing to cruising. I figured it would be a great boat for me to buy and work on little by little over time. I jumped from a 19 footer to a 25 footer so I wouldn't jump again, and my boat is exactly that. Eventually I will put on a second station steering, and a kicker. Little by little.

I figured it would be a great boat for my brood and I to learn to fish and enjoy time together.

Oh.. the first time I saw a Parker and just loved its looks? Cyberspace. THT. Dale's boat.

In three years I hope to have my Parker outfitted and dressed up, and have a restored 13' Whaler for my boys to play with next to me.

Megabyte":21za37cu said:
I'd love to have the opportunity to shake Linwoods hand someday...
He builds a great boat. :wink:

Come to the Tri-State Family Fun Day. he's usually there.

Here's a Linwood story:

Things were pretty hectic for me prior to last year's Tri-State tournament so I hadn't had the time to get the boat really cleaned up prior to which irritated my wife, especially since we were to have guests on board. We got there and the Tri-State guys were launching boats for tourny entrants. (Very cool, that 8) ) My wife asked who that really tall guy was that was helping to launch boats. She said he looks familiar. I told her it was Linwood Parker. She was embarrassed that the boat was dirty and that Linwood saw it when he launched it! He and his wife are really nice people, but I don't think I really needed to spend the whole next day making my boat look like it was in the showroom!

John

Linwood was probably tickled pink that your boat had fish-guts and blood all over it from the last fishing trip. :D :D :D Afterall.. that is why he sells a no-frills fishing machine.

When I visited the factory with my father (builder of the Porkchunker in my signature) he and Linwood struck up a long conversation about building wooden boats. Apparently that is where Linwood got his start. Man they were in a groove, and I was left standing on the side-lines unable to get in a word. Based on his history, I'm sure he has seen a lot of dirty workboats in his lifetime.

Back